Thread: ecn 111306 help!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ecn 111306 help!!!

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and looking for some help or advice.

I have had the engine management light on for a few months now. When it first came on I took it to a Vauxhall repair centre. They ran it through their diagnostics test and cleared the code off. They said if it comes back on again then I have a faulty inlet manifold and that would need replacing. Within 2 minutes of leaving the garage the light came on again!!.

The car has always run ok, it doesn't run likes there's any problem at all and occasionally the engine management light goes out only to come back on the following day.

I decided to get the manifold changed anyway as that's what I was advised. The work was done this weekend (not by the Vauxhall garage due to their steep price). Within minutes of leaving the garage the engine management light was back on. I have done the pedal test and it comes up with the same original code, ecn 111306.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be that's causing it, possibly wiring or the ECU??. I'm dreading another repair bill as the inlet manifold was a few hundred pound.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

What age and engine do you have in your car?

I can find the trouble code for a 1.8 Z18XE engine and it points towards a solenoid/ air control actuator postion sensor and these are items that are likely to have been swapped over from one inlet manifold to another
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply. It's a 2005 1.6 z16xep. The diagnostics print out I have says "port deactivation position sensor circuit low voltage". It then says the sensor is part of the manifold. Which is why I guess they said it should be replaced.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I'd still be surprised if it was part of the manifold. Can you go back to where you had the work done and ask for the old parts so you can see if there's any electrical sensors on it?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's difficult as I had the work done in Manchester (father-in-laws garage) and I live in Derby. He's looking in to it for me further but it's just having time to keep going up there to get it sorted. He's not sure what it is and because he doesn't charge me for his time, I feel cheeky asking him to keep looking at it. Not only that but he's very busy anyway. I just thought if someone could give me an idea as to what's possibly causing this fault, I could tell my f-i-l to save him time searching for the problem.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    arite mate, i am having the exact same problem at the moment....... Been looking online for a few week gathering all the info i can: see links

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/...ad.php?t=83528
    http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...DN%26prmd%3Ddf
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...6n7E-23-RGXkpg
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...wdM2qj9iiK8DlQ

Acording to the information i've found..... a new inlet manifold should've sorted this £450 + Vat from Vaux!!!

Hope That Helps.

P.S its error code P1113
    NOW SOLD! Astra G 1.6 16V, 10000k HID kit, GSI Spoiler, Tinted windows, Coilovers,
    Aberdeen area diagnostics PM me.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that.
    The part was ordered direct from Vauxhall and was £450 as you said. Every forum or advice I had read says that getting the manifold changed should sort the problem, but obviously theres no guarantee.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did you get this sorted?
    NOW SOLD! Astra G 1.6 16V, 10000k HID kit, GSI Spoiler, Tinted windows, Coilovers,
    Aberdeen area diagnostics PM me.