Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Whats the best....

Induction kit and exhaust for my MK4.

Although i've still got the irmscher exhaust on my car and it looks like its got loads of life in it, it just doesnt give enough growl and the airbox has to go olf course.

Im not minted so dont want to spend silly amounts, but also dont want to pay out for something that is a pile of crap.

Will get round to doin photo's today and posting them... As long as it dont rain

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey mate, i'm no expert but if you don't want to go into forced air induction kits due to price then stick with a K&N pod filter, i had one on my Almera SRi, Almera GTi and my current astra VXR and they give a great noise as well as increased air flow. Cheap and cheerfull!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What engine?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    and this is where you get the bandwagon of fit the veccy c intake mod and derestrict the airbox lol

totally upto you mate, depends what your after, induction kit or a panel filter?

you can either get a custom made exhaust or buy a pre defined one from piper or scorpian or somebody like that
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    What engine?
    1.8 fella on a 2002.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)
    Hiya,
    If i were you, i would simply put a k/n panel filter in your existing box,with an enlarged intake,
    I am in the process of using my existing turbo air cool vents for the brakes connected up to the air box, ie forced air at speed, albeit on my turbo project car, please think on them lines, ie( induction forced air kit that costs a fortune)and has to be declared with your insurance, please keep your car looks limited.

And look out for a miltek cat back, then maybe a front decat,(more growl with that),(but with the later one runs the risk of mot failure at mot time) but if you keep the original cat simply exchange at the time of mot lol,
    Then you could think of kent cams or similar, ported inlet mani,
    Do not go turbo thaughts!!
    a very expensive option

p

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hiya,
    And look out for a miltek cat back, then maybe a front decat,(more growl with that),(but with the later one runs the risk of mot failure at mot time) but if you keep the original cat simply exchange at the time of mot lol,
    a very expensive option

p
    I've heard from a mechanic that if you mix a little bit of E85 with petrol you'll get a much cleaner combustion so chances that you will pass MOT without a cat is bigger
    Daily driver: =The Linea Oro - Gold Line Coupe=
    Summer drive: '05 Speedster Turbo - Build number 4798
    Got a turbo in my life - now I'm broke

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Paula;2437970]Hiya,
    If i were you, i would simply put a k/n panel filter in your existing box,with an enlarged intake,
    I am in the process of using my existing turbo air cool vents for the brakes connected up to the air box, ie forced air at speed, albeit on my turbo project car, please think on them lines, ie( induction forced air kit that costs a fortune)and has to be declared with your insurance, please keep your car looks limited.

a very expensive option

Might just go with that on the intake side, someone said bout usin the vectra c intake pipe.

Not thinkin turbo at all, living in London crucifies me insurance wise.... £650 fully comp, 11 years no claims and parked on a drive way. Though when i get out of this hell hole of a city my insurance drops by 50%