Thread: Low Boost?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Low Boost?

Picked up my coupe turbo the other week and love it. found out the other day though that they usually run at about 13 psi and my boost gauge only reads just above 7, does seem to struggle sometimes too, im gonna have a good poke around tomorrow, i know my exhausts blown close to the manifold but didnt think that would have much effect on it but thats what im here for lol also im missing the 1 way restrictor valve on the breather pipe too but once again im not clued up enough to know if this will have any effect.
    So any advice on where to look would be much appreciated so i can get her running how she should be ive heard leaky dump valve and sticky waste gate but dont know where to start haha.

Cheers. Craig
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...-s-VXRed/page1 - My VXR - AOC Top 10 Winner PVS 2013 - 304BHP Powered By RS Tuning & Arc Reactor

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    They will only run 8-9psi as standard, I would say 7 is fine. Mine was running that.

Things you may as well try, use the search to find them, as I am far too drunk to type them all out!!!

* Zero the actuator
    * Check vac hoses for leaks
    * Bypass rear CBS

As far as the restrictor valve, if it is the pipe I think, just use a 1-way valve from Halfords, usually found in the windscreen wipers section, for rooting washer pipes, couple of quid.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Cheers for the clear up bud not worried now haha
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...-s-VXRed/page1 - My VXR - AOC Top 10 Winner PVS 2013 - 304BHP Powered By RS Tuning & Arc Reactor