Thread: Instrument Display not turning on and engine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Instrument Display not turning on and engine

hi there everybody been following the site for some time and have decided to join and share my problems lol hope anyone out there can help or point me in the right direction.

Basicaly i went to start my car (astra h sri hachback petrol auto) and the car just would not turn over. i also noticed that no lights was showing on the instrument display, and also my head lights would automaticaly turn on even though the light switch was on the off position. also i have noticed that the horn has stoped working.

Now i been reading up and im guessing its the control unit? am i right to think this and how much would it cost to sort out, isit a normal garage job or am i gona have to go to the dealearship.

i have also got h.i.d.s installed do u rekon its this conflicting with the car?

any help would be much appreciated thank you

i have also spoken to the aa they checked all the fuses no problem there and said it may be a electrics problem??? no idea lol please help

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

Before you buy anything i'd get the car off to a dealer and the instrument panels one of the main computer for these cars
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try leaving the ecu or disconnect the battery for a few hours, or try removing your HID lamps too.

I had it once and just disconnected battery for a few hours.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got the aa out yesterday and he checked the fuses and the battery and there was no problems there, he tried to overide the engine to turn on but even that wouldnt work and also tried a battery reset by disconecting the terminal for abit and also that never worked. he suggested that it was a electrics problems and that i take it to a garage. i thought that i would try online and seek advice before taking it. buut i tried turning on the engine today and it started however now on the instrument display i have the abs light on the traction ligh on and also the spanner??? also now my front windows dont wana go down??? so im gona drive it to my local garage tomorow and see what they got to say. i will defo keep this thread updated just incase it may happen to someone else. reallly strange!!!!