Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Changing job again so soon??!?

Hi!

Looking for a little advice, three months ago I changed job. Had gone very stale and when I evaluated my career options it was very limited within the company itself so I took the plunge and got a new job. However I am not entirely happy with the change, I feel like I have went backwards career wise and not forward... I went from a busy environment to an extremely quiet environment with no guidance or direction from management...

I have been sending out my CV to see whats out there and if there is any interest and there is, I have two telephone interviews and looking for some advice on what to do when they ask the "why are you moving job" question... I don't want to sound negative... I want to sound like I am changing because I am looking for a challenge not just a job I can coast in... any ideas???

Thanks!
    Sarah
    Crazy little Scottish lass!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tell them exactly why you are leaving.

But do not mention this
    no guidance or direction from management...
    That will come across as if you always need someone telling you how to do your job or what telling you what to be doing.

Tell them you aren't busy enough and the new role you have took on isn't as challenging as you had hoped it was going to be and you want a bigger challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.