Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Resonated or non resonated?

That.. is the question..

Im debating as to whether or not to take the centre silencer out of a Scorpion exhaust system? Would the difference between keeping a silencer and a straight through section be too much louder?

Has anyone here done the same and maybe regretted it?

The car by the way is an Astra G Turbo and the system has in place a de-cat and sports cat

thanks to anyone who can help

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Again, this comes down to personal preference.....

Have a read of this..

Frequently Asked Questions about Milltek Sport exhausts

A selection of the most common questions that we get asked frequently from fitting the system, performance information and cleaning tips
    Power Gains
    Q. What sort of power gain can I expect to get?A. Each car has it's own characteristics, and the power gain can vary greatly between them. 8-10% is about the most accurate general figure to cover all variations.
    Sound Information
    Q. I want a sporty sound, but not one that is so loud that it wakes the neighbours or annoy me on a long journey. What sort of sound do your systems produce?A. As our slogan states, 'Performance to blow your mind, not your ears!' our engineers' mission is to find the perfect balance between maximum performance increase while maintaining a responsible noise level. We DO NOT produce boy-racer style exhaust systems that can be heard from miles away. Our systems are designed to appeal to enthusiasts of all levels and the main way of controlling this is by offering resonated and non-resonated versions of most of our systems - see below for further information about the differences between resonated and non-resonated). Q. What is a resonator and what's the difference between a resonated and non-resonated exhaust system?A. A resonator is a chamber in the exhaust system that contains a specific volume of air which is designed to cancel out certain frequencies of sound (made by the engine) - making the exhaust noise quieter.

Therefore, a non-resonated exhaust system will give you extra performance and a louder exhaust note and the resonated system will give you extra performance without increasing the exhaust noise much.

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.faqs.cfm

Personally I would go resonated, but that is just me... My exhaust originally came Non-Resonated but I had to have a Centre Silencer added as for me it was unbareable..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Iv got a cat back non res system on my turbo and its not too loud really its subtle
    I had a straight through on my 1.6 and it was louder but on my GSI its a nice sound