Thread: VXR injectors whitout remap???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VXR injectors without remap???

Hi guys. Quick question: is it possible to run vxr injectors, wich are 470cc without a remap? I have a stage 2 remap, and willing to replace my injectors, but cannot get to a tuner to adjust the injector timing. I searched and there are people who tried this option and work. I intend to get an XEV cam and rise the boost up to get more air as well.
    Astra Coupe Z20LET EDS stage 2

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would say 'NO' even though you are running a Stage 2 remap. I do believe these need to be mapped in to prevent overfuelling and will need to be run together with the FPR from the LEH engine.... If you are planning to get your car mapped again in the future, I would wait till then..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The problem is that i cannot trust the injectors i have now on the car, i have done a rebuild of the engine in the past months and now want to get the fuelling right. I will go for stage 3.5 in the next spring, but want it to get the injectors now.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Florinike, I appreciate your dilema, and you may be lucky enough to get away with using the VXR Injectors together with the fpr from the LEH engine. However you could be making a costly gamble should you choose to use them in light of the fact that you have just had an engine rebuild, this could prove expensive if things go horribly wrong. (There will be a more experienced member in this field along shortly, who should be able to advise you better than me.) If it were my car, I wouldn't take the gamble due to reading issues about Bore Wash caused by overfuelling.

What is wrong with your current injectors?. Couldn't you get them ultrasonically cleaned to improve their efficency?.
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    same as mr stush i would put them in mate u need to have them maped in u might course more damage using them with out the right map. i would woul only put them in when u get the 3.5 map
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    I heard the fastest Zaf can be in 2 time zones at the same time

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The cost of cleaning is the half price of some new vxr injector. I thought, why use the old injectors, even cleaned, when i can get new ones.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Because the old ones are working properly with your engine and dont need to be mapped.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok guys, then i will clean them and buy the vxr ones when i will get the 3.5 stage.
    Thanks for the help.