Status
    The Modfather
    Mentioned in
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Add James on Facebook

Why are you here?

With all the recent issues regarding this club and site i think people should think back to why they signed up and more importantly why they stayed.

I signed up when i got my Mk4 Astra GSI and asked my friend if there were any sights i should join to enjoy my car more by attending meets and meeting people with the same interests as me. Now he was a member of Corsasport and Migweb at the time so he suggested i join Mig and i searched and found Astrasport as well. I signed upto both and im still here but aint signed into mig for about 3-4yrs. I have attended meets in more than just 1 region and plan on visiting every region at some point but i guess im just weird like that

I stayed because of the friends i have made through this club, who make it what it is for me and many of them i think will be friends for life, particularly when some of them have saved my life after an incident while camping. I put my name forward to be an RO to give something back to the club and try and make it enjoyable for other people as well as my self.

Feel free share your story about your time here.
    "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel, is only the train coming to finish you off"

The skunk is not dead, it just has a new smell!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I came here initially because I had a water leak, which turned out to be just a pinhole leak in the radiator....11k posts later and I've got a fair few wanting rid

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I found my way here as I wanted to become part of a Vauxhall Society that had members who were friendly and knowledgeable. On the whole I think I have definatley found that here in the AOC.. Admitadely it can be a bit daunting when you are a NEWBIE and trying to acquire knowledge. However, as time past I soon found myself gaining and sharing information. Arranging and participating in 'Group Buys' and lastly meeting some really decent people who have all embarked upon different car journey's. I absolutely love cars and I have been able to share my passion with like minded people..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i joined up the day i bought my car which was christmas eve 2008

i was looking for an astra site that i could sign upto, ask questions and in turn help anyone i could by answering there questions

when i went to my first meet which was organised by Andy, i had a good time and in turn when to more meets with them and then national meets

i stay on this website because i enjoy it and also the topics of varying traits and also the people i talk to on a daily basis, there are a few twats who have annoyed me but i just added them to the block list

ive made alot of friends on here and a few people i now consider my best friends

should also edit in that im really into my cars and astras, so its good to be around like minded people

(james, good idea for a thread fella)
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sadly I was one of the very first members or as it was then just a website with Mat's email addy and pics of the original M1GST. I emailed Mat about a few bits I was interested in getting for my car, what was then a new x reg 1.8 G.

Iirc the original site was set up by Rob as a project, soon to become what is now AOC. Think Andy (autosparks) then came on board, and Ross (techie), Minxy to name a few

All of the above is around 8 - 10 years ago. So I'm an old timer

A large part of it is the friends I now have found on here.
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    not been here long but joined to gain a bit of knowledge and going to my first meet on 3rd oct so will be able to put a few faces to names hopefully

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    I was looking for advice on an emissions problem on my Zafira. I liked the colour scheme, so I stayed. After a while, the modifying bug bit again and I started turning aformentioned Zafira into what eventually became known as the Evil Bus. About the same time, I found the regional forums and noticed that my home town was as dead as a dodo. So ever one for a challenge, I set myself the task of waking it up again

Now here I am a few years later helping to run the whole shebang! Why? Because I think it's worth the effort
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a z22se and was a ture member of z22se.co.uk, a fun bunch of guys and very helpful!! i got my z19dth in march and felt a bit out of place there until 1 day i was invited by a member on there (dazal) to a rr day from this site, dazal being the south wales ro on here...
    showed my face here once and loved it, took a while to get used to as z22se.co.uk has a very easy site to get on with but here is sooooo much more fun
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What issues with the site?
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I havent been here long either i joined becuase this is my first real car i say that because u had a clio for 2 motnhs and endless problems with it. so when i got my astra i joined for advie and to try keep my car in tip top condition. I feel this site on a whole is very hepfull and becuase of the amount of members it has is very hepfully because if you have a problem someone on the site is likely to have had the same problem if not they have came across it before.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast