Thread: New car time ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New car time ?

Im looking at gettin myself a new car early next year which isnt that far away. theres only 3 cars iv looked at really so open to other options ?

im looking at spening about 4k-5.5k

the 3 cars iv looked at and could really see myself with are either a SRI-T or coupe on the petrol side of things or a mk5 1.9cdti sri150

Im currently 19 but 20 in feb and will have 3years NCD if i dont have a bump between now and then and i can afford insurance on the 1.9cdti no bother but would be abit of a push on the petrols i think but will the sound and extra power be worth it ?

what are your running costs for them ? fuel and tax ? right now in my 1.4 i get about 130miles to £20 and can afford that fine

Also what are both going to be like to live with day to day ? most of my driving is either back n fordward to work which is about a 20min drive through town but most of my driving is up and down the motorway to my girlfreinds house which is about 40mile away, doesnt sound alot but after making the tip there and back 3-4times a week it adds up

Wrighty28
    naa you dont want them... I'll do you a trific deal on a Corsa C !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1442wt_1137

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2 answers, get your mrs to drive to you more often

secondly, if you can never afford to fill up a full tank of fuel and only run on 20 a time, dont buy a sri-t as to me that says you cant afford to own one properly and it would be run on a shoestring budget
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    id get the derv personally but im biased

think if you want to save your money get the derv road tax will be a lot less also, but if you want to go fast get the perv

you can get a cdti upto around 200bhp with a remap or tuning box then youll have a very fast car that sounds like a taxi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would be swaying towards a derv also mate and fitting a dtuk box. The sri-t/gsi isn't the best for fuel economy, and only buy a turbo if you can afford to maintain it regardless of cost. so if there is any doubt with regards to a budget go for the derv.

I have mine, but it is only used as a weekend car. I keep the workhorse for during the week to rack up the mileage.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im left with about £500 a month to play with after my insurance, digs etc but right now im only payin £95 a month on insurance, with something bigger its more likly to be 150+

oh and i only put £20 in at a time because theres loads of petrol stations about here and i dont see the point in filling my tank to drag all the extra weight

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    save up your money and pay for your premium in one lump sum, direct debit is more expensive

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get the diesel i have a veccy 1.9cdti with a dtuk tuning box on n its no slower than may astra coupe turbo n i get 60+ mpg crusing at around 75 on motorway n 55 mpg around streets lol
    it wud be half the fuel bill than a sri t n just as fast n smoother ride
    Drives Astra 2001 cabby

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ye i spent most of this morning looking about and the derv seems the way to go and seeing this video helped me along

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBGfM7MWISI

so iv booked a test drive at a local vaux dealer for this afternoon not that im likly to get one from them as they are pretty pricey but more for an idea on how the drive etc