Thread: forge recirc valve fitted, dump valve??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

forge recirc valve fitted, dump valve??

well today i fitted my forge recirc valve which was great fun with that special little bolt at the bottom!! i was just wondering wether to bother fitting my dump valve again. i have a baileys trumpet dv and a collins dv, also wots the best way to fit them as i have heard alot about one way valves etc?? cheers for any help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think you will probably get a lot of mixed views on this mate, some people say it runs best with both re-circ and dv running, others blank of the re-circ etc.

Seems to be a little bit of Trial and Error, I've jus had a Forge re-circ fitted on mine and i'm going to try running it with a Collins when I get a chance to put it on and see how it goes with both etc. If it doesn't work out so well then I will probably just stick to the re-circ valve rather than messing about blanking off re-circ etc etc.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you fit a baileys as normal. personally im running the forge recirc on its own, my car boost's better, is much smoother on half pedal and i have no lag atall after a gear change.
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe2T View Post
    I think you will probably get a lot of mixed views on this mate, some people say it runs best with both re-circ and dv running, others blank of the re-circ etc.

Seems to be a little bit of Trial and Error, I've jus had a Forge re-circ fitted on mine and i'm going to try running it with a Collins when I get a chance to put it on and see how it goes with both etc. If it doesn't work out so well then I will probably just stick to the re-circ valve rather than messing about blanking off re-circ etc etc.
    yeh i no what u mean, loads of people have different ideas and opinions on fitting them, it just gets confussing!

Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    you fit a baileys as normal. personally im running the forge recirc on its own, my car boost's better, is much smoother on half pedal and i have no lag atall after a gear change.
    as normal? just the small pipe coming off the top of the dump valve and running down the back of the engine?
    as mine is atm, i have a small pipe comin from the back of the engine running round to the recirc valve, is this correct?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if youve gone to all the hassle of buying and fitting a re-circ valve then the last thing u wanna do is block it off!!!! hahahahaha that would be comical

leave the recirc doing its thing and for ultimate performance dont fit any other DVs at all!!!!!

If however u want the obvious DV "look at me ive got a turbo" sound then Id opt for the Collins

obviously run them both in unison and ideally bypass the rear BCS (still leave it connected to the elec plug) but run the vac line direct from the throttle body to the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) with T's for Collins, Recirc valve and boost gauge if fitted.

DONE!

Status
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    marti..

sorry to jump in here folks..

about the rear BCS bit..

my vac box is gubbed and i think my rear BCS is also gone... would leaving it connected not still make the car want to reduce boost? or is that only because its not connect to anything that it wouldnt?

i ask because im running out of patience with mine this week.. i just want it to run correct for more than 1 day now!
    The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    doh! just chucked out my vac box last week - could have had it

if its not connected to the vac pipework then it shouldnt affect boost. if the rear bcs was faulty and still connected electronically then it might trip the EML but it shouldnt affect the boost levels

if u fear the rear bcs and vac box are fubar but not tripping any EMLs then bypassing would be the ideal answer.

just leave all the pipework in place and run fresh silicon from the TB to FPR so the original setup is still there should u need to revert back to it

Status
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    ahhh bugger!

i just re done all the piepwork lol..#

I can see me heading down to meet u one day and spending the day on the coupe!
    i need to get to the bottom of these issues... ive already started to advertise her for sale cause its just depressing.. fix one thing then 5 more pop up lol
    The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my vac box is still connected , the recirc is plumped in to the fpr, is this ok to do or would it be best to disconnect the vac box aswell as the rear bcs
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!