Thread: Abs/ Tc fault code help!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Abs/ Tc fault code help!

Hi every1, i'm hoping that some1 can help me out with a faultcode i've got? ABS/TC light come on in the car the other day so i plugged opcom in and it was comming up with C0045 - Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
    (01) - not Present
    so i done a live recording of all the wheel sensors and sure enough the rear left wheel speed was bouncing around all over the place and not in uniform with the other wheels. Today i replaced the rear left hub which thankfully i got the AOC trade club discount on but it was still pretty horrendous! Anyway took it out for a drive and the lights still remain got home again and done another live recording of the wheels and and the same wheel is still giving just as bad readings!! This time the code is the same but Present. C0045 - Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
    (00) - Present
    What the hell does this mean!!!
    Anyways sorry for the long post but any help would be fantastic! Thanx in advance
    Paul.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    You may find you have dirty connections between the rear wheel sensor and the ABS control unit or you have another faulty wheel sensor

Have you tried jacking up the rear of the car and spinning the wheels with opcom plugged in on live data just to see that it's pointing to the correct wheel at fault
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    You may find you have dirty connections between the rear wheel sensor and the ABS control unit or you have another faulty wheel sensor

Have you tried jacking up the rear of the car and spinning the wheels with opcom plugged in on live data just to see that it's pointing to the correct wheel at fault
    sounds like a job for this morning then! I hope it is the correct wheel and only a dirty connector somewhere, can't afford to change hubs willy nilly!lol
    thanx for the reply mate, much appreciated, i'll post back to let u how i get on...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

Sorted! Narrowed it down to the wiring harness for that particular wheel.
    Checked the voltage at both the rear right and left and i was getting 12v at the right wheel but not at the left. I then traced the wire fron the left wheel to a connector where the harness splits to the 2 rear wheels (it's just behind the fuel tank for future ref) anyway i unplugged the harness from the 2 wheels and tested the voltage at that point and i was getting 12v being sent to both the rear wheels.
    Then i done a continuity test from the wheel sensor plug to the harness and only had continuity on 1 of the cores! sussed it!!
    Luckly being an electrician i had some 2 core heat resistant black flex in the van so i cut the wheel sensor connector off and left some small tails, done the same the other end and rewired it. I joined the new leg of cable using resin filled and heatshrink through crimps ( which i use at work for underground joints on cables) to each 1 of the connectors and hey presto It worked ! Cleared the fault codes stored on the ecu, jacked the rear left of the car up and spun the wheel while doing the live diagnostics and it was readin the wheel speed. Went for a dirive for about 30ish miles and still no light.
    So i guess i'll be knocking on vauxhalls door come monday morning and ordering up a new wheel sensor harness.
    Thanx for pointing me in the right direction Autosprarks!!