Thread: astra h 1.7 sri cdti still has BIG problems help !!!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra h 1.7 sri cdti still has BIG problems help !!!!!!

right ill start from the begining as i put stuff on here before.The car started to cut out now and again but started again after 20mins or so so i had a browse on some of the site to see if anyone has had the same problems and it seemed that the crank shalft sensor would be something to be checked. Took down the local garage they plug it in and it came up that the crank shalft sensor and a remote control battery so had that repair aswell as getting a MOT cause nearly due.A day and a half later driving out the drive through at mc donalds it cut out but wouldnt start again.The garage got it back to them and plugged it in again and 3 more faults came up,Glow plugs,something to do with the fuel and something with the idle but they have now told me they havent got the facilites to fix it cause it could be the ecu so i really dont know what to do can anyone help me ...........please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right all fixed now took it to a vauxhall garage it ended up being a fuel sender so goes to show dont take your cars to micky garages to get fixed lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This just goes to show how fault code readers can throw you off in the wrong direction, but the truth is Vauxhall properly knew about this fix, unfortunately they don't share that knowledge with independents so in the main you have to use their dealerships at their inflated prices, and therefore, in my opinion holding back knowledge to cut out the small garage giving you little choice to where you take your vehicle, however it is nice to see they came up with the goods on this occasion.