Thread: Help!!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help!!!

Back before i got my vxr, march this year i think it was, a chap hit my car whilst i was parked. Told him i wouldn't claim as no damage done... but still made my insurance company aware as he looked the sort to claim against me as there was damage to his car. He didn't fair happy days or so i thought. The renewal for the vxr has came through and elephant want 3300 quid to insure me. I ring up and we agree a price of 2200 which she matched from bell, but then she proceeds to tell me about my claim. When i asked further it seems without this incident on my policy it is only 1900 quid which makes more sense, but they are going to charge me basically 300 quid for recording a incident, even though no claim was made, and no money outlay was needed. How is this fair? Maybe dan at flux can shed some light on this, i am not a happy boy and elephant are looking into this for me and they say they are not penalising me when clearly they are.

Maybe dan could arrange me a call for a quote from flux please?

Any light on this i appreciate. Im 19. 20 on 25th oct. 2 years no claims astra vxr fully comp no mods with parents as named drivers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well if £3300 less £300 is £1900 can i borrow £3300 off you and pay it back in installments ? I think you will find they wait a certain length of time to see if a claim arises from any accident / incident you report before they accept there wont be one and alloy you your NCD back.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I havent lost my no claims. Just because any incident in the last 3 years is has to be reported they are charging me 300 quid, as the quote goes from 2200 with the incident declared down to 1900 with the incident not declared, yet there was no loss, no damages, wish i never reported it.

If you read above she matched my bell online quote of 2200, so 3300 less 300 is not 1900, if that makes sense, but sure you can borrow 3k and pay back 4k LOL

Just cant see how if there was no claim made it alters 300 quid, the lady clearly told me that the quote with and without the incident alters from 1900 to 2200.

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

I cannot speak for your current Insurer as different Insurers assess Claims differently.

If you would like me to organise a callback please PM me your Name and Postcode, Contact Number and the best time for us to call you.

Regards,
    Dan.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks dan, i rang them but they cannot cover me on the vxr as its a too high powered car for a 19 year old which is fine. Thanks anyway top service there though as usual