Thread: What can I use for remote Car PC start?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

What can I use for remote Car PC start?

The new addition I plan for my Car PC I want to implement is a remote start. The plan would be a to create a relay set up to create some type of lockout to allow me time to get away from the car and not inadvertantly restart the PC.

What I'm after from you guys is suggestions for a remote control I could use to trigger Car PC start......

Thanks
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My first post didn't really explain what I really want and that is the ability to press the remote key (from in the house or walking to the car) to trigger the Car PC into action. This will mean that by teh time I've put my stuff in the boot and got into the car I will have a Car PC ready to use.

I'm thinking that I could use an alarm remote or something to create the trigger needed. Any thoughts or suggestions for suitable devices?

Cheers,
    Dave
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Ooohhh! I've just been looking at some work that Tom Clark has been doing in this thread. Me likes .