Thread: Speeding Tickets/ Court Summonds

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speeding Tickets/ Court Summonds

nearly 2 weeks ago now i got stopped in weston by a police guy with a radar gun in his hand. he said i was doing 51 in a 30 and showed me on the gun. Before anyone starts going on sayin i deserve everything and all that kinda crap this aint a thread wer im having a rant n bitching about it. ill accept what i get. but basicly i thought it was a 40 as it was a dual carridgeway kinda thing, so i indicated out and overtook then indicated back in, so i gave it a little boot as i overtook. nothing else around so perfectly safe manvouer. then the guy waves me in at the end of the raod.

he then told me i was to fast for a on the spot and that i will be sent a court order within 14 days and have to go to court for i. he then explained that there is no signs sayin 30 and that i shud of know because of the streetlights.

so now my main question. ive heard that for fixed cameras if you dont recive anything within 14 days then it doesnt count and you cannot be prosocuted. is this true? and is this true for my situations aswell.

cheers
    Arden Blue GSI Turbo

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Skipping the whole "you shouldn't be speeding routine" as you know that anyway, my advice would be to let the 14 days pass and then start asking questions, you don't want to get your hopes up. My NIP arrived on the 14th day, just as I was about to question it.

If When it comes through, you'll have to notify them of who is the driver etc. Do all that obviously. They'll then ask if there is any evidence you would like to request. Ask them for a video of the incident (I doubt there is any), and for records detailing the calibration of the equipment, officer's training on it, and officer's ability to calibrate it. Records should be signed, dated, and witnessed. I very much doubt you'll win, but you'll be doing a bit more than just rolling over to have your tummy tickled if you do ask for all the evidence. You never know you might strike lucky and find they didn't do something correctly and you get off on a technicality.

According to the speed awareness course I had to sit through after my indescretion (74mph in a 70 ) there should still be signs notifying you of the start of the 30mph limit though, streetlamps just negate the need for repeater signs spaced every ten seconds of driving at the limit.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeha i get what your saying, i already have accpeted that im getting 3 points really, its just to kinda confirm really, ino it could turn up on the 14th day and im pretty much expecting it to. but if it doesnt and then does turn up on the 15th day does it then not count??

yeah iwas thinkin about askin all that, but they probably wouldnt tell the truth then id probs end up having more of a bigger deal of it for al lthe time n then they probs still do me anyway. ill hold my hands up i was speeding ill just say i fought it was a 40 like i did and i signed his notes to say that i said that. then see what happens
    Arden Blue GSI Turbo

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    it'd still count, different rules for different cases but yo9u'd never get it chucked out on that score. they'd have to tell you the truth as well, TBH they have probably followed all the procedures correctly anyway but without asking you'll never know.

definately admit you were doing more than 30, thought it was a 40 etc as you've said, but if you can convince the court you don't beleive you were doing as much as 51, and that you were only over 40 because it was safer to do so that to stay at 40 (for example if you thought there was a car approaching behind you too quickly in that lane so you had to get out of the way). Also go out of your way to say your car is your life etc etc etc, because in cases where you're doing that much more than the limit you're likely looknig at more than just 3pts and the fine. I wouldn't be surprised if you got more points than that, a bigger fine, and potentially a short ban. A work colleague's dad just got a 14 day ban for doing 101mph in a 70, which as you can see from the maths isn't as bad as doing 51 in a 30...
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Admit it, and plead your case for not getting a serious amount of points or ban etc. Don't try lying as all itll take is them to ask one decent question to blow your lies out the water and then they will come down on you harder, they'll have heard every excuse a million times so will know what to say to shoot it down.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Unlucky mate.

Trying to get off on a techinicality surely just pee's the police off and they throw everything at you??

50+ in a 30. Hold your hands up, apologise. You though it was 40, there were no schools, playgrounds in the area etc etc.

And take the 6 points, you may get lucky and only get 3.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    it'd still count, different rules for different cases but yo9u'd never get it chucked out on that score. they'd have to tell you the truth as well, TBH they have probably followed all the procedures correctly anyway but without asking you'll never know.

definately admit you were doing more than 30, thought it was a 40 etc as you've said, but if you can convince the court you don't beleive you were doing as much as 51, and that you were only over 40 because it was safer to do so that to stay at 40 (for example if you thought there was a car approaching behind you too quickly in that lane so you had to get out of the way). Also go out of your way to say your car is your life etc etc etc, because in cases where you're doing that much more than the limit you're likely looknig at more than just 3pts and the fine. I wouldn't be surprised if you got more points than that, a bigger fine, and potentially a short ban. A work colleague's dad just got a 14 day ban for doing 101mph in a 70, which as you can see from the maths isn't as bad as doing 51 in a 30...
    yeah im going to just admit it. hmm yeah i can se what your saying but like the comment below all it would take is for one question and it would be over. and i dont want that hassle. but its my first offence, dont know how much difference that makes and if it helps aatall really?? but if i get 6 points i loose my lience as havent bin driving for 2 years yet, will have in october, so i need to try and just get 3 and not any higher. ill happyily pay a higher fine to keep it to 3 points as a fine isnt really the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by iansimms2004 View Post
    Admit it, and plead your case for not getting a serious amount of points or ban etc. Don't try lying as all itll take is them to ask one decent question to blow your lies out the water and then they will come down on you harder, they'll have heard every excuse a million times so will know what to say to shoot it down.
    yeah i honestly did think it was a 40 and ill say that so ill just have to say that to them and then see how it goes fromthere.

So 14 days doesnt matter atall in my case then
    Arden Blue GSI Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by npd View Post
    Unlucky mate.

Trying to get off on a techinicality surely just pee's the police off and they throw everything at you??

50+ in a 30. Hold your hands up, apologise. You though it was 40, there were no schools, playgrounds in the area etc etc.

And take the 6 points, you may get lucky and only get 3.

ino only had the gsi a month aswell i wouldnt even try it because ino people who have tried standing up in court with reall evidence in other cases and losing. so so times iwth the police there is no point in fighting as they what they want anyway.

but yeah holding my hands up seems the best option and cuz its first offence kiss some ass n try say im sorry like you said.

cant take 6 points it will be a ban
    Arden Blue GSI Turbo

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    i had a court summons about 10 years ago and that took about 4months to come through
    got caught in may, summons in aug and went to court in sept

i got a 7 day ban £145fine with £35 costs with no points

was doing 71 in a 40

they might be quicker at sending it through by now but dont get your hopes up

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont worry too much, you will only get 3 points and a fine. I got done doing 62 in a 40 before. Just say your sorry, try not to make too many excuses and thats all you will get. You would have to be doing a stupid speed to get 6 points.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast