Thread: 1.7 DTI Engine Timing (NO FUEL GETTING UP)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.7 DTI Engine Timing (NO FUEL GETTING UP)

Hi there i have just replaced the fuel pump on my astra.. I locked all the cogs with bolts as it says in the haynes manual that you need to put a 8m in the pump and 6m i think it was in the other cog and the one at the bottom there is a indent and that has to line up with the marker at the top. of the cog... but there are somes that do not have markers on them... I put the belt on and made sure that nothing moved... and now it does not start no diesel is getting to the injectors. so i am sure i have done somthing wrong. could someone please tell me if i have as they said that the reason its not getting fuel is cause the timing is wrong... but my understanding woudl be it would be getting fuel up there just in the wrong order or to late for it to run.... Now i wish i had never done this as i seem to have the same problem as i had before no fuel getting there... I got a silver box thing EDU i think they call it with the pump and tired both of them and non of them seem to do anything... I sucked fuel from the return pipe so i guess its full of fuel its just not pumping it up... I spoke to vauxhall and they said there is a fuel stop solinoid on the pump he was sure and that is most prob stuck why its not coming up but i have no idea where it is on the pump or is there any way of bypassing the electronics been told its not coded to the car.. so i should not have a problem at all...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tried changing crankshaft sensor as if these have failed they prevent cut off solenoid from operating.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where is that..... and how easy is it to change..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    they are 1 of the harder things to get to sadly. from under neath they are tucked up the back of the engine. i had to change mine not long back. i found it helps if you dissconnect the wire on the starter motor, gets in the way abit. when you replace the unit trying to find the hole for the bolt is abit tricky aswell but with abit of patients its all good
    streetbasser