Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tax due end of sept but I have moved house

Hi all

Just a quick question and I hope you guys can help...

In the space of a month I have moved and changed insurance companies.

Now the only things left are my drivign licence to change the address on and the V5 for the car and these can take up to 2 weeks or more to get back.

But my Tax is due at the end of september. This was sent to my mothers house.

If I present the tax renewal with my mothers address and the insurance details with a different address will there be an issue?
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure if you change everything to the right address it'll all be back in time. I hope so anyways as im doing the same.

You dont need your driving license though for car tax iirc its just Certificate of motor insurance, MOT and V5 or Tax renewal form you get through the post.

I dunno how much detail they pay to the addresses though, i thought its mainly the dates of MOT and Insurance and car details cross referenced onto the V5 to make sure the insurance and MOT is for the car your taxing.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go to the post office and get it done there.
    As long as you got the correct details and forms, dont they still do you a tax disc there and then?
    Then you can get your V5 changed etc, and that will then come through to your new address.
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain863 View Post
    Go to the post office and get it done there.
    As long as you got the correct details and forms, dont they still do you a tax disc there and then?
    Then you can get your V5 changed etc, and that will then come through to your new address.

Yeah they do, but his address details on his insurance note and V5 dont match. So he wants to know if this will mean he can't tax the car?
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just rang the DVLA and they say not to worry. All I need to do is take the following to the post office:

V5
    Tax reminder
    MOT
    Insurance Documents
    Driving liecence

Fill in the V5 and the Driving Licence for a change of address there and then at the post office.

The post office will then get me to fill in a V10 and issue me with a tax disc and send off the other 2 documents for me and I will get a new one free of charge.

I should get a replaceemtn in 4 to 6 weeks and they have also told me the V5 colour has changed from green and blue to all red. (jusst incase you need to know)
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.