Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

cyclist menace

just going home and stopped at a Red light for people to cross the road
    some Guy on his bike jumps the red light and hits one of the people crossing the road
    the guy on the bike was shouting at this guy for the damage caused to his bike buckled wheel and a bit of paint from what I could see
    I was like best to drive a way from this as the guy that got hit was lets say VERY big and looked like he was going to kill then eat the guy on the bike

Now should people on bikes have insurance like cars have to ?
    I dont know what the police did

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi dude

you are supposed to have insurance

i stop about 70% of the time and red lights and I am actually quite aware becuase of my new bike it is very fast, expensive and could cause some damage

in fact it was only after i just got it I ended up going into the back of a VW golf, smashing his rear light. Just went over, fitted and replaced it this weekend

some cyclists are just idiots though and assume should not bear the brunt of any offense

this is my bike

Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be honest even though i'm a cyclist and enjoy not paying for fuel etc i do think we should have compulsorary insurance.

the amount of cyclists i see round town who jump lights and cut across drivers is insane. if one ran into my car i know blame would be placed on me regardless as i'm the driver. even if it was the cyclists fault, who would end up paying for repairs to my car.... me.

if i ever get hit by a cyclist i'm taking the bike to the local station.. either that or accidently drop it in the river

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    heee hee

read above, i paid for the repair to the car that i damaged

just about being responsible thats all..
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cyclists should be allowed to run red lights, says Boris

CYCLISTS in London will be able to go through red traffic lights legally under plans unveiled by Boris Johnson today.

The Mayor has written to the Department for Transport suggesting that cyclists in the capital be allowed to turn left at a red light. At the moment it is an offence punishable by a £30 fine.CYCLISTS in London will be able to go through red traffic lights legally under plans unveiled by Boris Johnson today.
    The Mayor has written to the Department for Transport suggesting that cyclists in the capital be allowed to turn left at a red light. At the moment it is an offence punishable by a £30 fine.

cyclist should obay the law..red light means STOP end of story..
    Drives a 53 plate Arden Blue Zafira A Gsi 2ltr turbo...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Boris is a knob I have told him this when he was Down at work managers did not like it

thats one of the people I worked with in the pics

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haulme View Post
    heee hee

read above, i paid for the repair to the car that i damaged

just about being responsible thats all..

lol when i was posting you hadn't posted yet.
    if people hold their hands up when its their fault then i totally agree that its down to being responsible BUT everyone these days seems to preped for a fight and are always on the offence no matter if they're in the wrong or not.

not everyone would pay for the repairs to a car they damaged and thats where insurance would come into it.

nice bike btw!

what happens if a cyclist hits a pedestrian and seriously injures them? there was taht case a while back where a cyclist hit some girl i think and killed her.
    He went to prison for it but what if he had left her in a wheelchair for the rest of her life?.. if he was insured she would get a bulk sum that would allow her to make changes to her home or move to a better prepared building etc
    but without insurance i'm not sure it would work like that and compensation would probably be on a monthly basis that wouldnt be much use because she would need the changes now rather than having to save for it.

as i say i'm a cyclist too although i dont cycle through town just across fields and country lanes. Insurance covers a lot of eventualities and can save you alot of money. plus it covers your bike!
    if i bike daily and hacked across town in rush hour etc i would seriously consider it.

i'm not trying to be all high or mighty, i can just see how it would help alot of people out

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bit like the bint I came across on Tuesday night. Small B-road. Coming the other way was a group of cyclists, ok, slowed down and moved over to give them room, however the bint at the rear was having none of it and decided that she was owning the road and that nothing but cycling 2 abreast would do her, end result was the Vectra ended up taking out a blue wheelie bin. Cycle on the road fair enough, do it myself, but use a bit of common sense.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Dave when they do that get infront of them and wash the windows

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think all cyclists should treat everything as motorists do, very rarely do i see a cyclist stop for a red lights, is it somthing bikers can do legally then? jump red lights when theyre on the road?

the amount i see do it you would think its within the highway code
    G t c

soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast