Thread: cd30

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cd30

hi i just got a 2006 reg vauxhall astra sxi the cd/radio is a cd30, for some reason some cd's work and some dont, sometimes it says error and i re-insert a cd and it reconises how many tracks then wont play track 1 skips to track 2 and just wont play. is there nything i can do to fix this? if not what is the best cd/radio player to get that will fit in the car and work with the steering wheel controls.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You might want to try running a CD lens cleaner through it. Other than that, there are several head units that will slot straight into your car (so long as they have been divorced from the previous car via tech2) - the CD30 MP3 (which is exactly the same as the CD30 but with the ability to play MP3 CDs, and an AUX input on some models) and the CDC40 Opera, which by far is the best quality headunit, and has a 6 disc in dash stacker, unfortunately though with no MP3 playback nor AUX input. There's also the CD70, but there's no point going for that unless you also upgrade your display to a CID.

Also, if you get the right cables from Autoleads/Connects2/whoever, you should be able to use the SWC with most third party headunits, though you'll need to make sure you have a cable that matches both the Mk5 Astra and the exact headunit that you'll be using.
    "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like all Hell" - Peter Brock
    My ride: 2007 Holden AH (Mk5) Astra CDX 1.8 A4