Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Zafira running problems

Hi All

I'm new to this so please be kind to me if I make mistakes. I have a 1999 1.8 Zafira which has running problems. It seems to drive for a bit and lose power over and over again. I have had the car in the garage today and they have read the codes on their machine as PO135 02 sensor heating voltage low and P0505 idle air control voltage high. I have replaced already the air flow meter and egr valve with new parts. I have also changed the lamber sensor at the front. Obviously the orange engine light is on all the time. The car does start easily and idles fine. I just thought I would give you guys a go before I call in an Auto Electrician. Just to let you know that I am used to working on mk3 cavaliers and astra mk3s but thought I would get something a bit more up to date. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does it just lose a bit of power? or does it lose all power i.e go into 'limp home mode'?

any missfires or anything?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply. When you drive down the road it seems to have power but without moving your foot on the accelerator the power dies momentarily then comes back sharply as if you switch something on and off difficult to explain really. I would expect limp home mode would just give you some power but wouldn't let you rev a car up higher but never experienced limp home mode so don't know what to expect. I don't think it is missfiring. The only thing I can think of to me it seems like something is getting power like on and off but where is anyones guess. Your help is most appreciated. Thanks.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a loose connection to me.I would check connections to sensors and your battery connection.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all
    Here is the latest on my Zafira running problem - I've just had an Auto Electrician out today who checked and tested everything including wiring tests, cleared the codes and the only one that came back on was for the 02 lambda sensor. This sensor was replaced just before I purchased the vehicle from a garage I was told. I have found out there are roughly at least three different ones for this vehicle. I know need an 02 lambda sensor (a genuine Vauxhall part not a cheaper aftermarket one as I have problems in the past and now). The part number is 90536393 if anybody has got one going cheap please let me know - either new or second hand, it would be most appreciated. I will update everyone to let you know if this does the job or not. If anybody has got one especially in Bristol, North Somerset or Weston Super Mare or nearby then I could collect it. Many Thanks for all your help.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have a used one for you in good working order.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Thank you for your reply. Please can you let me know how much you want for it plus postage.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and Regards.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

Just incase the lambda sensor doesn't fix my fault, does anybody have the main ecu, chip and key reader in good working order for a 1.8 16 valve Zafira. Please can you let me know how much you want for it plus postage.

Thanks and Regards.