Thread: Newbie...Mk4 Sxi Owner

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Newbie...Mk4 Sxi Owner

Hi Guys, Thought id actually post on here as ive been a member for a bit now just not got round to it.
    Just a little bit bout my car history to bore you all...
    Anyways, I started off with a mk3 astra sport/gsi converted which was my pride and joy!... unfortunatley 3 months later this was modified by another car hitting me at traffic lights (complete write off), that upset me so decided i would go for a genuine gsi mk3 to make me feel better.
    After gettin my new gsi i still wasnt happy as it wasnt the car i used to have, just wasnt my pride and joy!
    After a month i put it up for sale and had made my mind up that i wanted a mk4 astra.
    I never liked the look of mk4s but the past few months ive completley changed my opinion and love em more than the mk3's.
    So was offered a swap and cash for my gsi and am now the proud owner of a 2001 1.6 16v Sxi.
    This IS my new pride and joy.
    She was a bit worse for wear when i got her as the matey was an on-site plasterer and used it for work everyday. As you can imagine the inside was covered in plaster and dust, seats were grey almost and the outside was pretty dull.
    I took the astra to my mate Marc Woodrow, who owns Pro-Wax Valeting and he spent nearly 7 hours on it and transformed it to a completley different car.
    It was degreased all over, inside door and boot shuts all in engine bay and wheel arches.
    It was rinsed then washed to clean her up ready for a full body mop.
    This really bought the paint back to its original shine and already it looked 100% better.
    He then clayed the whole car and the paint now feels like glass.
    Then for the inside..all the carpets were hoovered, brushed, brushed again and hoovered till all the dust was out. Carpets, seats, door cards and boot were then all shampood and again were brought back to their original colours.
    dash and surrounding plastics were cleaned and finished to look brand new.
    To finishe her off she was given the meguires tech 2 wax treatment to give her that extra shine!
    Seems less work in writing but he worked all day on this car!
    Will upload some pics later of the finished product.
    I now have my new pride and joy and am currently gathering all the little bits ready for a phase 3 300bhp(ish) C20let conversion.
    Just need the bigger block driveshafts then will b all go.
    Am in the Pompey area so wud be good to chat to any other locals.
    look forward to hearing from peeps!

Sorry for the long post and i know its more of a project post but its always good chattin to local people aswell

Carl

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Carl, you from fareham by any chance?

I know Marc, he done my rug in my lounge !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes mate i am!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys, managed to get the car pics on the comp so see below for finished results. Dont have a before pic unfortunatley as didnt think bout it at the time!
    I forgot to mention i had the boot debadged to smooth it up a bit!
    Pics dont really do it justice as there from an iphone but its all we had at the time!