Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Region Forum is for posting about Meets, Local services, Garages etc ...

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Region Forum is for posting about Meets, Local services, Garages etc ...

Region Forum is for posting about Meets, Local services, Garages etc ...

Since Stu decided to try and have the last word in the other thread, and then just close it... I'm starting this again. ( link: Here )
    Since this issue is regarding the Scottish Region forum itself, it's valid to talk about in here.

Forgetting the banter and not getting personal (even though Stu did actually start that ,mentioning 300/400 mile drives ! )

I was'nt looking for people (or Stu) to rise to my points, just want him to admit I'm right.

As for others reading here, this issue here has been a post asking just for scottish opinion...as I've said it's not the place to ask really, as it's a topic that should be posted elswhere,
    If we let these threads stay, then you end up having Astra chat, Astra Discussion in a region forum as well as the original chat and discussion.

The way around this is to have a thread where you can chat away and have banter, such as the example I posted:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=210773

It'll be one thread where you can chat, ask opinion etc but just in one thread.
    Advantages of it arre:
    Keeps region banter in one place.
    You know exactly which thread to chat to your mates
    etc.

So a poll, do you want a banter thread, not want one, or could'nt care less !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Even if 100% of Scottish members wanted a Scottish banter thread it wouldn't matter as it would just get closed by a mod like the one you posted.
    ^Click above if yae are^
    >< Proud To Be Scottish ><

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How so ?

This site is open to change, a lot more open than a lot of forums.

If most members want it, I see no reason for it not to happen.
    Even if we all have to put a post in the helpdesk asking for it to stay open !

I think it could work.
    (I will re-state I was really against these threads in the early days, but now see the merits of them)

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i voted yes, i think it would be good
    in the words of colin mcrae..
    'if in doubt, flat out' ...my hero
    has a plan..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep would be good

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aint been on here long, but been a member on other forums, n coo u really are taking things a bit too far!!

Where, when and what astra-sxi wants to put in his post is entirely up to him, and yes if theres something which may offend other members then let it be removed, but where is the harm in a scottish member asking fellow scottish members who may have seen his car there opinion of it???

Yes he may have put the question out to all members, but maybe he wanted a LOCAL opinion, and the post comes down to personal choice of the member??

Havent voted as really think you have taken over astra-sxi's original post about his lights, and it should be left original poster whether the thread continues or not!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i can see both sides of the argument.

I can understand that someone would want the opinions of the local members or members they have had dealings with whether it be friends, or met at a meet etc etc. However if a thread went up saying "i want a scottish member's opinion only" i think the non-scottish members could feel a bit miffed at this.

Another forum i frequent has a thread just like the one suggested, entitled "the scottish invasion thread" and everything get's posted in here, general back and forth banter and points that don't merit their own thread, but work in there and keeps the site from being clogged up with small banter like threads.

For this reason i voted yes, think it's a good idea and would keep the boards a bit more organised. Somewhere for the scottish banter to be isolated, if someone doesn't want to read it then they avoid the topic.

Yes from me

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t99nyf View Post
    Aint been on here long, but been a member on other forums, n coo u really are taking things a bit too far!!

Where, when and what astra-sxi wants to put in his post is entirely up to him, and yes if theres something which may offend other members then let it be removed, but where is the harm in a scottish member asking fellow scottish members who may have seen his car there opinion of it???

Yes he may have put the question out to all members, but maybe he wanted a LOCAL opinion, and the post comes down to personal choice of the member??

Havent voted as really think you have taken over astra-sxi's original post about his lights, and it should be left original poster whether the thread continues or not!!
    Not taking it too far at all...except maybe pushing Stu for an answer...
    Yes he can post what he wants - but there are places to do it, as I keep explaining the region was not the place.
    How messy would the forum be if you all started posted everything in the Scottish Region ?
    You'd forget the rest of the UK existed (which is not necessarily bad )

As for not voting - you really have lost the plot...or failed to notice that this question is independent of Ross's thread, his was an example of why I'm asking this poll.
    As for taking his thread over, Stu had the opportunity to split the conversation from Ross's post, or continue it elsewhere, he did'nt do it....no matter

So please make your vote, dont care what you think of me, but do it for the region.

Oh, and thank you for replying - we all need opinions on this.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The banter thread in the Scottish region on MIG works well, keeps all the chat in one place and means that meets etc. are easier to find as they arent lost amongst general chat threads.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Being an Astra owner and Scottish, I hereby tender my right to have an opinion... and my opinion is yes, asking Scottish memebers specifically for their advice on such a thing as "does my bum look good in this" is a bit pointless, however asking Scottish members specifically for advice on matters such as best roads/bodyshop/place to get a sook for a tenner... is relevant.

A banter/general chat thread would work I suspect, but then this does strike me as a ratehr over-policed site and thus I feel it may end up being subject to the big moderating stick regulary... so, I would suggest Mig is the place to be! But in all seriousness, yes... a general talking crap thread would be good, as has been previosuly mentioned, it does help keep the chit chat away from other. Having said that, there will eb thsoe who argue the site already has a Chit Chat area.

Let's all hug

x

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast