Thread: what do u do??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

what do u do??

ok my astra is my first car legally lol so as i will want 2 change my astra in a about 3-4 yrs when my insurance is down would u still get the roof dents out an how far would u go with modding the car if it was yours ?.

astra 1.6 16v cd lpg duelfuel

couple of pics in my first post

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would. car looks clean and tidy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    how far would you go in modding terms the whole hog bodykit respray etc or just bits have a few ideas just trying to gauge whats overdoing it an what not

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I personally don't like big ass fandango kits. why not try and go oe bodykit, (SRI-T, GSi) so that when you decide to sell the car it can be returned to standard and the parts sold on, or keep them depending what your next choice may be.

If the paint is good i would just spray the kit that is going on, but if you are gonna keep it for the foreseeable future then a respray is an idea. Most people now are going away from big fibreglass in your face kits, not all of us but most of us

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    dont want in ur face kit just someting tht will wrk lol im 34 past me boyracer days
    thinkin angel eyes (black) headlights with hid kit fitted
    custom console
    tinted windows front up 2 70% (except windscreen)
    momo alloys 17"
    clear repeaters
    new spoiler
    badgeless grille
    then interior as re spray and body kit would be last thing i did as most expensive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    definitely have a look on here for people who have put gsi bumpers on. but if you do make sure to have them heavily secured to the car, as they are getting stolen on a daily basis

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If insurance is an issue at the moment I personally wouldn't bother with a body kit or aftermarket alloys. They aren't exactly going to keep the price down. You do have a strong advantage as Astras look good standard. For me it would be a 60mm drop on some Omega elite 17"s, crosshatch grill and window tint. Subtle but effective and wond do much to insurance.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    insurance is 90 quid a month fully comp can afford up to 150 and will get my 1 yr no claims in march

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just looked at another thread about bumpers the gsi is cool but torn between the lexmaul also lol as said will be leaving the bodywork till last as most expensive now the choice with rear bumpers an side skirts? (is startin to hurt the little cogs in my head lol)
    have also decide to rip the chrome lexus style lights off rear an replace with either standard black or another black rear light.

any surgestions please feel free to throw them in as the more ideas i get the less chance of me getting something an then seeing something a 100* better.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gsi would be the best IMO. Mind you if you feel brave you could always get a cheap standard bumper from a scrap yard and experiment with a plastic welder and create your own 1 off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast