Hi all I have a Astra convertable and have a fault with it, when I try and wind the roof down manually the metal rods have broken off between the electric motor and the 2 clips that pull in and lock the hood to the car! I need the rods that go between the motor and the clips, not sure what they are called or the part number so I wonder if anyone can help me out here??

The rods are filled with twisted metal braids and then covered in black plastic tubing, on either side there are 2 identical metal connections that are round with little groves all the way round they are about 35cm (13.5 inch) in length, please help me identify the part so I can get replacements

Regards Keith