Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Complaints against the police

Worth it?

been stopped 5 times in the last 3 weekends. 4 times for number plates and 1 for window tints.

got stopped for number plates, got told to change them, fair enough.

Next night, stopped again, told to change them, even though they told me 21 days.

Next time, stopped with new plates, getting told they weren't legal ... measured them and they were legal, got a sorry of the copper.

Went into the police station with my VDF on monday and got it stamped as ok, after getting it stamped by an mot station.

Last night, didnt manage a hoop through my town centre, when the cops slammed on the brakes, reversed back with teh blue lights on, and pulled us coming of the speed humps. " routine stop, nothing to worry about " had to let me off again.

Parked the car up, went back to my car, hadnt done a hoop round the town again, and i was pulled over by the same 2 cops who done me the first time for my plates, asking what the crack was with them? and why i still had cut plates on the car?

told them they were legal, the woman wasnt too happy, was her that made me change them the first time, the guy checked them and told me that was fine.

Beyond a joke now, and think one of the cops and his wife have a vandetta against me, because its always them that stop me!!

Or their just annoyed i proved them wrong with the plates

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I assume although legal your plates don't look exactly the same as standard?

If so its just gonna keep happening, tis the price u pay... On the other hand make sure you get a receipt for every stop and then go visit your local station, if they are being unreasonable they will take action against their own but as you say its different coppers then its not likely a vendetta...

You don't happen to have a spoiler thats 3ft above the roof and spinners on your wheels too do you? Something must be attracting the rozzers...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme647 View Post
    I assume although legal your plates don't look exactly the same as standard?

If so its just gonna keep happening, tis the price u pay... On the other hand make sure you get a receipt for every stop and then go visit your local station, if they are being unreasonable they will take action against their own but as you say its different coppers then its not likely a vendetta...

You don't happen to have a spoiler thats 3ft above the roof and spinners on your wheels too do you? Something must be attracting the rozzers...
    Its a small plate, 5 characters, which makes it looks a lot smaller than it does.

nah mate, standard gsi turbo with anthracite wheels. Being 19 and having a turbo, probabley doesn't help.

Im going to another police station with the complaint, had a mate who had the same, getting stop checks all the time, to hand in documents, phoned inverness to complain and it never happened again.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    are they being arsey with you and intimidating???

If not, then Id say they're just doing their job

providing u werent driving like a total tit and attracting their attention they id just man up and get on with it.

Surely you cant have a problem with them stopping you the 2nd time for illegal plates - irrespective if you have 21 days or not. Still illegal so just doing their job.

As for the "routine stops" this is just common place these days and if you're driving in a built up area late at night in a modified car then expect it - end of!

Ive been stopped a fair few times now but providing everything is above board - or the important things anyway its all tickety boo

Stay legal, stay calm, dont be a tool, be courteous and youll be fine.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    are they being arsey with you and intimidating???

If not, then Id say they're just doing their job

providing u werent driving like a total tit and attracting their attention they id just man up and get on with it.

Surely you cant have a problem with them stopping you the 2nd time for illegal plates - irrespective if you have 21 days or not. Still illegal so just doing their job.

As for the "routine stops" this is just common place these days and if you're driving in a built up area late at night in a modified car then expect it - end of!

Ive been stopped a fair few times now but providing everything is above board - or the important things anyway its all tickety boo

Stay legal, stay calm, dont be a tool, be courteous and youll be fine.
    Ive been stopped twice and both cops said the plates were legal, but got stopped again last nyt and told they were illegal, again i told them were legal.

I wouldnt be so bothered, if everyone was getting stopped for it. They told us they were doing a clampdown on number plates, yet its only me and my mate that get stopped for no postcodes on our plates.

My dad drives the car during the day when im at work and when hes not offshore, he takes it to town a lot, how often do you thinks hes been stopped in it?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I mean, theirs doing their job .. and doing their job.

The copper said to me last nyt, ive seen you go past a few times and turned a blind eye, but my boss made me clamp down things like this. A few of them are brand new, no complaints, i know for a fact they feel like arseholes having to do it .. they didnt sign up to the police to stop young guys for dodgy looking number plates, its just what they got told to do.

I was driving passed them last nyt, going over a speedhump, they slammed on the brakes, reversed back, put their blue lights on and told me it was a routine check. Does that sound like a routine check?