Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

zaf problem

Hi all
    I had the back box replaced a couple of weeks ago and I was told that the centre pipe will also need to be replaced at some point. It wasn't blowing but it was slightly bent which causes it to vibrate on the floor pan. I put up with it with a view to replacing it on pay day but I think it has now developed a blow. There is now a warning light that appears I'm not sure what it is but it appears on the bottom of the dash under the speedo. It looks like the one that comes on if the wheels spin. Could it be the exhaust emmissions light? The car is also misfiring. Could this be related to the exhaust?
    Thanks all
    Gaz
    Now drives a Vectra C 1.9 cdti SRi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone advise please?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If your system is leaking begore an O2 sensor, this could cause the warning light.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Monty I'ts booked in next Friday to be fixed

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A quick update. I took it to quik fit and whilst on the way there I notice that the brakes did'nt work! Quick fit then told me that there is nothing wrong with the exhaust and the slave cyclender has gone! I then took it to the garage who said that the ecu had gone They said that they can send it away to be reconditioned for half the price of a new one. Are you keeping up lol. They gave me a free courtesy car as it would take a week for the ecu to be reconditioned. They phoned me later on in the day and asked me to come down. They said that they had managed to fix the slave cylender by replacing a split intake pipe and also the ecu by replacing a plug. They also said that the rear box that I had fitted by quik fit did not fit properly that is what was causing the exhaust to vibrate in the floor pan. They checked the part no. and it did show that it was the correct part. The garage reckon that there must either be a manufacturing fault or it had been labelled wrong. So I am gonna go back to quik fit today and see what they say. How refreshing to find a decent and honest garage. Instead of a hefty bill I was only charged £105.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Be wary of any garage you dont use regular as there all out to make money..Gaz

so it wasnt the wheel cylinder that had gone ,just one of the brake pipes..glad you got it sorted or could heve been nasty..

but i cant see how they could say your ecu had gone if there was nothing else wrong with your zaf ... if they replaced a plug that goes to ecu to fix it as they say you would be able to see its new..as it would have to be joined to the existing wiring..(cut and joined) as when i asked vauxhall for one of these plugs that attach to ecu after son had his front end acceident causing 1 plug to get damaged ,they told me that its attached to the main loom and i would have to buy the whole loom, or go cut one of a zaf in the scrappies..
    Drives a 53 plate Arden Blue Zafira A Gsi 2ltr turbo...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice mate. I got it wrong surprise surprise!! They did not replace the plugs but checked the connections to the ecu and found that they were a bit dirty so they cleaned them which saved me a hefty bill. They could have just replaced it any way. I have used the garage a couple of times now and they have saved me from paying out unneccesserily on both occasions

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went back to kwik fit yesterday and they admitted that they had fitted the wrong back box so they fitted the correct one and guess what..... It don't rattle any more

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    nice one its all sorted

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)