Thread: Why?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why?

Why do motor magazines such as Autocar and Auto Express always seem to put the new Astra J behind the Focus and Golf?
    They may say the Astra is arguably better looking than the Golf. Wow! aren't they generous?
    Is there some prejudice against VX?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by *desk* View Post
    Why do motor magazines such as Autocar and Auto Express always seem to put the new Astra J behind the Focus and Golf?
    They may say the Astra is arguably better looking than the Golf. Wow! aren't they generous?
    obviously they must get given dodgy ones like me !!! seriously though
    i have thought that,they always slate the vectras but they aint that bad,
    my other car is an 08 plate diesel 150 sri, and it is one of the best cars ive had

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We tried both the Astra and the Golf and bought the Astra. Streets ahead in most departments including feeling like it had a whole lot more cabin space: the Golf felt quite claustrophobic in comparison. The only real positive for the Golf was that it felt more 'solid'.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Because people can't get past the snobbery that the golf is some sort of legend, despite it being massively overpriced. I mean, the higher end models don't even have cruise control as standard, the bottom end astra does!!

Still, the sales figures speak for themselves, the Astra J was the best selling car in class in the last 3 months.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    vauxhall need to send autocar and auto express a few more ££££££ and perks then it will be better than golf and focus.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you think that it would require something like a global conspiracy in order to praise the golf and focus always and from almost every magazine? I think there is a bit of truth there... but not as much as it seems to be.
    Opel Astra J, A14NET, 6 speed manual, Sport edition