AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

eBay Rant

Hi All...

Need to unleash some wrath...

I sold a camera lens on ebay. Excellent condition, nothing wrong with it.

I shipped the item and the bloke sent me an email saying it was a mistake and he didn't read the item description.

I replied via email and said sorry, item shipped, best advice is to re-list.

He put in a claim to ebay/paypal saying the item was broken, I contested it saying no its not (my dad is bigger than yours etc etc ) paypal went in his favour and just deducted the money. Including the postage costs.

So as I bought the lens of ebay, as it happens by mistake (as I didn't read is properly either) I contested my purchase...and LOST !

I just give up....

Then today the wife sold the old hoover on ebay..

Item description including details on how when you turn it on, their is a burning smell coming from it somewhere. Lady bought it...then said sorry don't want it, as it is obviously faulty...no sh1t sherlock. Hence why you only paid £5 for it.. This idiot woman got the wifes details off ebay, phoned her up and gave her abuse down the phone for selling an item that could have blown up and burnt her house down....

I just give up

On a more positive note...going on my honeymoon next week.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar problem when I sold a DSi but stupidly
    of me I didn't sell it via eBay. Long story short the guy sent a cheque, it went into the account n all was well. We shipped the item then after 6 days the cheque bounced. Already had his details so been constantly ringing him n stuff and so he sent another cheque..bounced again. This has been going on for 2 months now n I don't think I'm gona see a penny of that £150. I feel your pain lol. People can be right tw@'s n when good, genuine people get short changed by a complete idiot just makes you wonder..is there actually any hope left for society?
    drives: Black Coupe Turbo <3

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    If the guy sent you an email saying he'd made a mistake then why didn't you forward it to paypal as part of the case? As for the woman and the Hoover... Nowt you can do other than report her to eBay.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    As Pete says, you could possibly still do this now and see if they'll reverse their refund.

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    I've got a issue going on atm with Ebay...someone bid on Ashlie's corsa for £300 (starting bid) they won it, but didn't pay the £50 I asked for as a holding deposit within 24hrs, and didn't collect the car within 7 days, and despite several messages to him via ebay, no replies.

On looking at his 100% positive feedback, there was one in March 10, that he bid on a corsa, and didnt pay for it/collect it.

This not being able to leave neg feedback SUCKS.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    some buyers are a pain. thats why i am usually happy to end a collection auction early if someone can colllect/pay before it ends even though i may be loosing a few quid