Thread: subaru impreza

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

subaru impreza

has anyone owned a 2004 ish impreza wrx 221bhp?? what are they like? as im now considering looking for one as my insurance isnt much more than my astra now.

i see they hit around 275-280bhp with a remap, im assuming this will mean it will be quicker than my 300bhp astra purley as its 4 wheel drive.
    Astra T9 estate for sale, see my ebay link!

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wont be quicker as 4wd takes more power to run etc off the line yes on a rolling start now

Funny that im looking at a scooby

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Moved the thread
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as said the scoob will have better power off the line, however as its 4WD it'll lose iirc 20% through the drivetrain whereas a FWD car will lose less than 15% in more circumstances... so on a rolling start you would be quicker.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont do it!one of my mates had a 04 uk spec and i can honestly sat its the worst car ive ever been in,interior build quality is shocking,very uncomfortable and appalling mpg-he was happy if he got 200 to a tank lol.Yes they handle well and are very quick but so is your astra.I havnt known anybody who has kepy any scooby long.
    Europa blue turbo,the best colour by far!
    My auto-biography here- http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=157301

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DEANY1 View Post
    Dont do it!one of my mates had a 04 uk spec and i can honestly sat its the worst car ive ever been in,interior build quality is shocking,very uncomfortable and appalling mpg-he was happy if he got 200 to a tank lol.Yes they handle well and are very quick but so is your astra.I havnt known anybody who has kepy any scooby long.

ah yea i forgot the mpg!

i know someone with a 03 impreza p1 and he averages 17 mpg

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can get between 270-280 bhp with a remap as long as you have fitted the supporting mods m8, the standard td04 turbo maxes out at around 240-250 you would need a td05-18g turbo, de-cat or sports cat down pipe, 2 1/2" exhaust system, STI fuel injectors, ngk pfr7b spark plugs and a good map i.e. ecutek to get around 270-280 to be honest its not worth it on a wrx better goin for an sti if you want a decent amount of power!

i had a turbo 2000 classic impreza but a few m8's had 04-05's i worked on quite a bit and had them mapped.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i currently own a 04 sti
    imo way more cumfy then a astra, much nicer to drive as you can actually feel things on the other end of the pedals!
    the gearbox is fantastic
    the steering is direct and made even better with its quick rack
    must be said lock to lock is shit, life is full of 3 point turns now!
    interior quality is good and imo better then a astra! no rattles unlike every vauxhall ive been in. the stereo aint great but i have a few plans for that
    fuel economy for me is not really any worse then my 1.6 astra i used to have

only downside is pricyish insurance but then thats what you get for being 21

all you can do is try one and see what you think!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DEANY1 View Post
    How long is not very long??? i've had my Impreza for 3.5years.

Quote Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
    has anyone owned a 2004 ish impreza wrx 221bhp?? what are they like? as im now considering looking for one as my insurance isnt much more than my astra now.

i see they hit around 275-280bhp with a remap, im assuming this will mean it will be quicker than my 300bhp astra purley as its 4 wheel drive.
    It all depends what you want from a car....I love my Impreza it's an involving and rewarding car to drive....interior build quality is not the best agreed but its functional....what you pay for is the drive train, engine and chassis. The AWD chassis will allow you exploit the power of the car more than your current FWD car will but it will not be faster in a straight line, if anything slower (but driving fast in a straight line is boring )

If you want to mod a WRX up to those levels have you considered an STi? They start at 265BHP (300BHP with PPP) but are a much better platform to tune although they are more hardcore than the WRX and this puts some people off.

As for fuel consumption I average around 22-23MPG for mixed driving on my 2003 STi with PPP

You need to make sure you get a good one though as there are a lot of Impreza's out there that have been ragged....but on the same token there are still some gems out there.

HTH

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SXT View Post
    must be said lock to lock is shit, life is full of 3 point turns now!
    only 3 point turns??? i have to do 5 point turns everywhere you very quickerly learn not to go the wrong way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast