Thread: Shell v power.?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shell v power.?

Ok sorry if this is a repost but is the v power diesel any good anyone on here use it or know anything about it, I know v power petrol was good as that's all I used to run My evo on which was big spec 550bhp the high octane reduces the knock and stuff does v power diesel do the same?

Shaun
    Puff of soot and bang the dervish is gone

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no and yes and maybe,

Its a higher cetane rating, it depends on the engine and depends on what you normaly run on, if you run on supermarket diesel for 50 000 miles then change to v power you are going to notice a differance, if you run on v power diesel normaly and change to normal diesel your not going to notice much you may loose a few mpg but its pretty much hit and miss, I stick it in every couple of tanks for its cleaning properties and i seem to get more miles out of vpower but its exactly performance enhancing.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Haha i always use supermarket fuel in my car, thought id stick some Vpower in this time and it now runs like a bucket of crap. Not buying again its awful to drive now

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiberson View Post
    Haha i always use supermarket fuel in my car, thought id stick some Vpower in this time and it now runs like a bucket of crap. Not buying again its awful to drive now
    Really suppose might give it a try infact going to google it see if can find anything fro shell see what they claim it does ..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well reading up it appears to be designed for newer diesel engines is probably why its awful in my older one

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiberson View Post
    Well reading up it appears to be designed for newer diesel engines is probably why its awful in my older one
    Yeah I just had quick read too mine is 57 plate so should help but all it reads is that it cleans your injectors so might just do a tank of it once in a while unless anyone knows any better??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used it on my 2.0 dti Y reg astra and never had problem still using it on my 1.9 cdti vec but to be honest my astra would run on anything it loved a bit of bio diesel, as said i use it now and again probably works out once every 6 tanks or so just for its cleaning abilities dont tend to notice much differance except the extra mpg