Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Apple Music event - 1st September

Anyone else anticipating something from Apple to revive falling ipod sales? or eagerly awaiting the next ipod touch?

Live coverage from the Apple Event taking place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco, 7.30pm... here

http://www.macvideo.tv/encoding/news...e=samechandate
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Guessing it will be news on iphone 4 (relaunch or new better fix), possible touch update (which means I will sell mine) and this:

the new ipod shuffle or nano depends how they market it. but i am guessing shuffle with a new name. As the shuffle is not even on the shelves at most apple stores anymore.

If its the shuffle again I will be selling me
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I've read a few rumours about the "new shuffle" or "new nano" - a couple of which have suggested it will have bluetooth for connecting to bluetooth headphones, and will incorporate a wrist strap, like a watch. I can see that selling a few million units to gym users/runners etc

If it was touch screen like a mini iTouch... even better

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    it will be touch screen Although to get the most out of it for gym goers it will need to have the ability to like with the nike hardware, which the shuffle doesnt do. I think it should as smaller the better for exercise in my book. The shuffle is fantastic for running and biking.

it will be interesting to see what they call it, or they use it to replace. It looks too big for a shuffle and the fact it has a screen will mean it wont be a shuffle player. However if it is a nano then it has no camera and the screen maybe too small.

I am going for a new product name and replacing the shuffle.

Find out tomorrow

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    i think you're probably right Mat... Although I can't help but mention that I thought not so long back you said you weren't going to become an Apple fan boy

actually... so did I

They need to do something with the ipod range though, their own success with the ipad and the iphone has killed its sales for definate.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i think the ipod range is not too bad, it does what its meant to. For example I am very tempted by an ipod as its the best way to get massive storage for all my music. Ideal world though I would have a touch with massive memory, but then no one would buy an ipod classic again.

The markets are changing and buyers want more from their hardware. some times you do want a phone to just be a phone though.

Going to interesting as what apple does usually means the rest follow suit.

Yes I am fan boy I have gone from not liking apple to owning a shuffle, touch, pad, imac and soon phone

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    hey I'm not knocking it, I have gone that way too. I'vve gone from nothing to now having shuffle, 2 nanos, and a touch, with a phone hopefully on the way later in the year. Budget and requirements don't quite stretch to the ipad yet but its on the cards

I agree that the ipod does what it's meant to, but I still think they need to do seomthing with the range, maybe even if they just streamline it so it's only the classic (for large volumes of music) and the shuffle/nano (or a touchscreen hybrid) for those that use it for exercising etc. only reason I mention them needing to do something is after posting that sales of ipods are at their lowest now since 2006, and that income from iPhone sales is now higher than iPods, when there is a greater range of iPods available.

tonights' event will certainly be interesting thats for sure

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Matt, It's hard not to love apple once you get an iPhone or experience some of there latest creations.

I have to stop myself from buying other apple products, I don't need them but I bloody want them lol.

The new line up of iPods look awesome! Shuffle is just the shuffle. The new Nano looks unreal! Nike + added too it and its clip on I want one. Don't need it but I want it.

The Touch is identical to the iphone per usual. The HDR pictures that you will be able to take on the iPhone & Touch look pretty unreal too.

I want to buy Apple TV. Don't need it, but I want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joemailey View Post
    I want to buy Apple TV. Don't need it, but I want it.
    Me too! I like the air sharing thing, From my iPhone that would be quite cool!
    04 1.7 CDTI SXI - Best £50 I've ever spent!
    R.I.P MK4 1.4 silver hatch 1999 on a V plate which died of MOT and Head Gasket faliure.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I always wanted the nano but it was too big so the shuffle will be replaced for the new nano. The touch will be replaced for a new touch as well, although i am going to hold out for a bigger memory one. If the classic is gone it's going to need the big memory music player gap filling.

Apple tv is a must

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast