AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)
    Add Glowstone on Facebook

Exclamation Removing Dashboard!

Hi...

My heaters bust..the Matrix is OK as the two pipes into it are hot...The flap that opens up the hot air isn't working (used to make a little mechanical noise when I turned the dial..now its not)

My idea is that i wanna get into the heater box and open the flap inside to be permanently on "hot" as i dont wanna replace the whole thing.

I recon I'm gonna have to remove the dashboard to get to it...heres a thread i found on removing the dash panel (however i think it only relates to the speedo panel)...have a look!

"Removing dash panel
    This is really easy and should take you about 20 mins at the most.

If you have an adjustable steering column (adjuster is just below your ignition barrell) adjust it all the way down and back.

Either side of the steering column shrouds on the dash panel are two D-shaped covers, pull these out and remove the screws behind.

Remove the two screws that go upwards in the dash panel surround. Remove the surround

Now undo the two screws at the bottom of the dash cluster. Release the top connector by sliding the lever accross to one side.

Now is the tricky bit, rotate the cluster so the bottom comes forward to you and the top goes back into the dash. Now tuck the right hand side of the dash cluster in so its diagonal. You should now be able to withdraw the cluster to the left

Hope this makes sense, if not let us know and ill give you some more help"

Is this right?..do you guys think the dash has to come off?.....

anythoughts please...im gonna freeze this winter!

Martyn
    "Act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for the whole world"
    Immanuel Kant

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    If you just have standard heaters they are cable opperated and you'll probably just find the cables come off or broken. All of it can be accessed with the dash in place, you'll probably need to remove the centre console though to see if the back of the heater panels working properally
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Autosparks

Thanks Autosparks...

i have an A/C type heater setup...however there are cables that run to either side of the centre console ( I remember this from when I removed my Hazard switch problem which is now sorted )

I have run my hand underneath the left side of the drivers footwell and I can feel the lever that goes back and forth with the movement of the heat control dial...in addition the connections on the heater control panel seem fine!

just below the lever i can see the retaining clips ( that look solid) for what I think is the matrix box....

As i mentioned...in the past I could hear a mechanical whirring sound when i switched between hot and cold settings...that sound isnt there anymore...

Im wondering what to do next.....or maybe buy a lighter powered heater
    "Act that your principle of action might safely be made a law for the whole world"
    Immanuel Kant

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Odd!

Heaters working again????
    Immanuel Kant