Thread: forged z20let

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

forged z20let

first of all evening all. this thread to test the water so to speak.
    right i'm thinking of building a couple forged z20let engines with
    cosworth pistons
    no sure on rods yet
    balancing shafts taken out
    oil spray jets like the leh
    balanced crank lightened fly wheel
    i would also be getting the heads refurbished
    i was just wondering if there would be any interest off any one on here that would like the other engine and what sort of money people wanted to pay for an engine of this spec
    depending on price i can also sort the turbo weather you wanted a vxr or hybird

ps sorry if its in the wrong place

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    surely people can just get there own engines forged as there is plenty of engine builders who can do it and do all work in house like re-bore,porting and polishing,

plus not sure people are going to spend ££££'s on a engine from someone who doesnt do it for a living.

but all the best on it if you do decide to do it for people

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My thre pence worth... Chris this is very noble of you and there may be some interest from one or two members that mod on a budget etc. However playing devils advocate you could be opening up a can of worms for yourself if something goes wrong on one of the engines that you build for someone. (Not meaning to sound negative or anything, but just being real with you!).

It could end up not being worth your while both financially and time wise..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B12 NXY COUPE View Post
    surely people can just get there own engines forged as there is plenty of engine builders who can do it and do all work in house like re-bore,porting and polishing,

plus not sure people are going to spend ££££'s on a engine from someone who doesnt do it for a living.

but all the best on it if you do decide to do it for people

the thing is mate alot of people use there car everyday had have not got the time to send there engine to someone to get it forged i offer a service to work to other peoples hours i can build. then fit this engine in a weekend as alot of people do not want to (or have the time) to fit there own engine.
    like i said i have not got one yet but i have done my own leh

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but there again i'm only asking what people think.
    would people be interested

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStush View Post
    My thre pence worth... Chris this is very noble of you and there may be some interest from one or two members that mod on a budget etc. However playing devils advocate you could be opening up a can of worms for yourself if something goes wrong on one of the engines that you build for someone. (Not meaning to sound negative or anything, but just being real with you!).

at the end of the day sean i take alot of time and pride in what i do if people want to push the limits of the engine then thats there own fault.

its just an idea mate thats all

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)
    I like your idea Chris, and are fully in support,

But !!!!! as previously mentioned there are pitfalls, so please be careful, have an agreement in writing etc,

I might take you up on it, using my rattly leh block, all depends at the end of the day the cost???

Pm sent

Best wishes

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chr15astra View Post
    the thing is mate alot of people use there car everyday had have not got the time to send there engine to someone to get it forged i offer a service to work to other peoples hours i can build. then fit this engine in a weekend as alot of people do not want to (or have the time) to fit there own engine.
    like i said i have not got one yet but i have done my own leh

Well there is plenty of engine builders who will fit a engine for you in a weekend its not a new idea

and there is people on this very forum who do conversions/forged conversions so there is no reason why you couldnt start doing it but i think the other people on this forum who do it have a good/high reputation,and have done many builds.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    As others have said, you need to make sure you are covered if you do this sort of thing. The engine may fail even if not being pushed to it's limits.

You could accidentally miss something or something a little wrong, these things happen. None of us do everything right 100% of the time etc.

So just make sure you are covered, give good guidelines to running in the new engines etc and are prepared to deal with people should anything go wrong!

As long as you do that then I say go for it! There are always people looking to get things done on a budget and we all know that garage prices are well inflated with labour charges etc so i'm sure you would get some interest.

Obviously a lot of it will depend on price to, but i'm sure you can get a good idea of the going costs and work out from there if it is worth it to you spending the time doing these conversions etc.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStush View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chr15astra View Post
    at the end of the day shaun i take alot of time and pride in what i do if people want to push the limits of the engine then thats there own fault.

its just an idea mate thats all
    Chris, I ain't knocking you pal, like I previously mentioned I think this is very noble of you, and something which could yet prove benefitial to a number of people. I am only pointing out some possible drawbacks which I am sure you were already aware of, but is good when someone else also reiterates it. Like Paula, Coupe2T and B12_NXY have mentioned there can be pitfalls.. Remember there are some unscrupulous people that would bad mouth you in a second should anything go wrong with an engine that you had built.

I know that you take maticulous pride on everything that you do and personally I know you would do a good job. Just merely playing devils advocate...

As Coupe2T mentioned I would get something drawn up and be willing to resolve any issues should they arise!...
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast