Thread: SuperChip vs Bespoke?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

SuperChip vs Bespoke?

I drive an Astra GSI Turbo with VXR Turbo, Courtenay FMIC, Full Scorpion Turbo back Exhaust, Large Air intake to de-restricted box, decent plugs and always the best petroleum.

The car is Superchipped which I had done before the Turbo, FMIC and exhaust was fitted and get great power which feels near 280bhp (never been rolling roaded).

My question is, what difference would a bespoke Remap from Courtenay give me? Would it seriously make sense to shell out for Dyno time and mapping to suit my mods?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I would say yes!... In order to prevent overfuelling and other such issues!... Do you know roughly what boost you are running on that Superchip?
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStush View Post
    Personally I would say yes!... In order to prevent overfuelling and other such issues!... Do you know roughly what boost you are running on that Superchip?
    Im not sure to be honest mate. But i was thinking of getting a rolling road done as that would be a more cost saving method of finding out.
    Superchip is giving me 24.1mpg! A map would surely reduce this dramatically yes?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    for me it would be a yes too

If i were you i would consider going to red dot in Enfield, they will do you a custom map for not much money and i am one of the many you have very high opinion of them

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    i very much doubt that you are running near 280bhp with the map been done before the mods but i could be wrong!

A map would definatly be worth while, would probably smoothen things out and increase bhp and torque without a doubt

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    ^ Agreed .... 260bhp max would be my guess.

If you are looking to mod further, IPF is the way forward, as you can remap it yourself as many times as you want.

If you have everything done, then I would be tempted to try someone like Red dot.

You didn't mention VXR AFM or injectors so I would look at them before another remap.

HTH