Thread: GT3 Exhaust popping?!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GT3 Exhaust popping?!

Hey all, I've had a GT3 exhaust fitted on my Coupe - It pops like mad whenever I rev it, I've had aftermarket exhausts before so I obviously expect a bit of popping but I think mine is excessive! I will try to get a video of my camera so I can try let you guys listen.

How normal is it to pop loads? I'm worried it's blowing, anyway I can tell without getting underneath the car as it's too low to crawl under lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had the GT3 set up on my car and it popped like hell on the overrun or if i reved.

you should be able to tell if its blowing because the pops will sound like its coming from underneither the car rather than the back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its blowing it will sound more like a "pfft" noise. i found that the cybox exhaust (same as gt3 but stainless steel) was quite ill fitting at the mid silencer/front pipe sleeve joint.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got a cybox back box (from benhavenhand ) and that doesnt pop at all.... do you need a non-standard centre section for it to pop?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

Cheers for the replies, yeah it does sound like it's coming from the backbox rather than centre.
    Don't get me wrong I love it lol just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong- I was a bit down of MPG but I think that's because I am revving more subconciously as I am liking the sound lol.

Lukey, I think you probably do mate as mines the full works mate from the Manifold back, so I don't have a centre section as such - just a pipe lol which makes it a lot louder and freeflowing.

You can pick the centre pipes up cheap as chips on the bay tho!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah was looking for one on the bay but havent sourced one yet! give us a shout if you see one

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeyboi89 View Post
    ive got a cybox back box (from benhavenhand ) and that doesnt pop at all.... do you need a non-standard centre section for it to pop?
    to really pop and bang youll need the non silenced centre pipe. sounds quite raspy on first startup, then gradually gets louder and louder as it warms up. loud enough to set off car alarms on the overrun. if you get the silenced centre section, it wont as such pop and bang but it is quite rumbly. i think it sounds just right with the silenced centre section.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    luke heres the silenced centre section - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-RACING...es_CarParts_SM

and non silenced centre pipe. - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-ASTRA-G-RA...es_CarParts_SM

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dj0nes View Post
    Hey guys,

Cheers for the replies, yeah it does sound like it's coming from the backbox rather than centre.
    Don't get me wrong I love it lol just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong- I was a bit down of MPG but I think that's because I am revving more subconciously as I am liking the sound lol.

Lukey, I think you probably do mate as mines the full works mate from the Manifold back, so I don't have a centre section as such - just a pipe lol which makes it a lot louder and freeflowing.

You can pick the centre pipes up cheap as chips on the bay tho!
    easiest way to find out if its blowing is walk around the car and get a mate to rev it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Were can you get the gt3 exhaust from?
    MK4 Astra SXI - 100BHP
    Clio 182FF Cup - 195BHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast