Thread: Astra MK4 1.7dti Starting/running RESOLUTION

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra MK4 1.7dti Starting/running RESOLUTION

I posted a thread only a week or so ago asking for any possible advice on problems I had with starting and running problems with my 2001 Astra 1.7dti

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=271473

As it turns out I cant pin point exactly where the problem may lie but I ended up going back to basics.

I noticedd there were 2 wires (to 2 different sensors) that were (frayed/broken) in behind the injector pump and the other leading to quite possibly the camshaft sensor. I stripped back, simmply block connected them back up and taped up. I then stripped top of engine cleaning as I went (EGR valve which was rediculously gunged up and all associated air pipes. I checked all electrical connections and notice there was one plug connecting into the injector pump that was missing the rubber seal (which also ensures a good fit) so got a erplacement and refitted. Stripped back cam cover and noticed the top of the block was gleaming. I took off and replace all washers on the leak-off pipe (as the pipe itself proved impermiable). I then gave the likes of MAF connector a good squirt with a silicone based spray and re-assembled.

Hey presto, without even re-priming the fuel lines, she fired up, not a bother, not a struggle and is back to her normal (fingers crossed) reliable self.

Thanks to all the guys who shared whatever info they had especially ROSWELL who (and although I had checked the pipes before hand really did lead me to leak off pipes as I had made sure to run the engine for a few minutes each time which then obviously brought the top of the head with a nice Alloy shine)

Many thanks guys

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Brilliant to hear you got it all sorted!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks jiberson........only only took 3 weeks but its simply says.......cut all back to basics and no matter what computer/electrical faults, you can always find the problem. I will be going back to visit the auto spark and especially - what a donkey NEVER GO NEAR NM AUTO ELECTRICS in belfast. There were things i didnt mention on here but he told blaten lies.

Cheers again guys......almost feel like I want to share some unadulterated love with you all am so happy seeing as now I can get back to selling my other car as am now unemployed and costs are slowly increasing.

have to do it....... X (dont get me wrong, my girlfriend does question my commitment at times but still.....appreciation is due where it is due)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Haha well im glad your happy and i have to say you did most of the work yourself by the looks of it. Theres many problems that you just dont know about until you delve into it. All i can guess is you must have caught them when you changed the starter motor.