Thread: Please help!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please help!!

Hi guys, Im in need of help and im hoping there is someone out there that can.

I have a 99 v reg 1.6 ls. Its done just over 100k and has a sound history

Anyway, to the point, its running very poor. It judders and its costing me a fortune in petrol. I drinks it like its going out of fashion. For an example i put in £10 this morning and i managed to get about 30 miles out of it!!!

Its been to the garage and they have done all the nessesery checks for this problem but still cant find the problem. They told me, 'till the engine management light comes on the dash, they wont know what the problem is'!!! Ive changed the lambda sensor myself cuz i got a hint it might have been that............£40 later.............no luck.

Id really appreciate any help cuz i need to fix it. Its burning a hole in my wallet!!

Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you had the plugs out and if so are they black ,if they are try changing the coolant temp sensor .there can be many reasons for excessive consumption /poor perfomance .but any good garage with a diagnostic machine and a working knowledge of sensors and data would be able to find your fault without relying on fault codes alone .best course of action would be to post up on here for someone with opcom or tech 2 local to you to read/diagnose your data