Had a call some 2 weeks ago from one of the main dealers in my kneck of the woods.
I have known the director for a good 10 years and I have helped out there every so often when I have free days.
Paul called me and was in despiration of me to come take a look, advise and quote for rectifieing what can only be described as one of the most hideous looking solid black MGTF le500's ive seen to date.
Swirls and scratches everywhere, lots of RDS and so on.
After a thorough examination of the car I advised getting the fron and rear bumpers repainted before I went anywhere near it.
Finally, friday, I had a call saying the car was back from being painted and was ready for me to get stuck in.
saturday, the day was set and here we go..................
Car had a typical thorough wash with meguiars nxt shampoo ( stronger than normal ) wheels cleaned with autosmart smartwheels and various brushes EZ detail brush, swissvax style brushes etc.
Arches were cleaned with medium mix of autosmart G101 and various brushes.
All lower sections were treated to autosmart tardis including wheels.
All painted surfaces and glass were clayed with bilthambre soft clay and autosmart reglaze as clay lube.
Car wash washed once again and dried with uber plush towel.
And on with the defects.....
And the test setion that I quickly did to get an idea of what it needed ( 45 minutes spare when first inspected so this is as good as I got )
So it begins.
All vulnerable areas tapd up ready for indepth polishing.
Paint depth gage readings looked suspiciously healthy.
Still plenty to play with but err on the side of caution due to measurements being so up and down.
Started off with some wetsanding with 3M flatting paper and shampoo/water mix.
Straight in due to having an idea after testing a couple of weeks back so on with Scholl concepts S17+ polish and hi gloss 7.5" polishing pad.
Seems to be hitting the spot after a couple of hits but needs a little sharpening me thinks.
3M ultrafina se and hi gloss 7.5" finishing pad should sort that out nicely.
It sure did!
Onward and upward.
Bonnet recived the same treatment, odd areas needed Scholl concepts wool pad to cut the wet sanding areas down nicely.
After 3M ultrafina se.
Onto the tailgate.
Plenty of wet sanding needed to get the desired correction.
On with the hi gloss 7.5" cutting pad and Scholl concepts S17+.
This was refined down with hi gloss 7.5" polishing pad and Scholl concepts S17+ the 3M ultrafina se and hi gloss 7.5" finishing pad.
Backend recivede some much needed tlc and looked very nice.
Now onto the sides.........
Didnt get an after of the quarter ops:
50/50 drivers door.
And its all coming on nicely.
Onto the sill areas.
Scholl concepts S17+ and Scholl concepts 80mm black waffle foam.
All intrecate areas received the same 2-3 staqges of polishing.
Thorough blow down with the airline then all intricate areas got some work by hand via sonus german applicator and dodo juice lime prime.
You get the idea.
Final session round whole of vehicle with poorboys world blackhole show glaze and coolshine bullseye beige finishing pad.
LSP was a nice wax ive been using quite regularly just recently.
Autobright AB yellow carnauba wax.
Wax left to cure for 30 minutes.
Wax removed then all the finishing touches were completed.
Tyres dressed with autosmart highstyle, arches dressed with autosmart finish, trim with autosmart trim wizzard, glass with autosmart glass glow, exhaust polished with meguiars nxt metal polish and 00 wire wool.
And after 14 hours of meticulous polishing and tweeking to perfection.....
An eventfull yet envigorating 2 days detailing and a completely transformed car ready for the owners socks to be knocked clean off.