Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face New Baby New Troubles.

Hi there,

I just bought a 2002 2litre Zafira GSI 16valve Turbo in Arden Blue. Its amazing. Snow flake alloys, Aircon, turbo, half leather recaros. A real babe.

Had her about two weeks and BAM! Got a leak. Sealed it for like two days with Kseal and then BAM needs a new radiator. I ended up taking off the Intercooler, front bumper the lights, electric fan assembly, everything at the front of the engine basically. And im quite proud because i managed to do it all on my tod. (maybe with a little help getting it back together by my super dad) but yeah. ive never given any of my vehicles any of this sort of tlc so i didnt do too bad i think.

But then the next day one of the coolant header pipes blows up. so i had to replace that today D: (bad times) does this mean that i might have a pressure issue? or just a knackered pipe?

Also then i find out that the left rear door central locking motor might be gone becasue its not working. D: NOOOOOOO!

Also i need a new left hand side CV gator. D:

Anyone know the general cost of the parts for these jobs and the general difficulty inviolved?

Also I want to know if i can have a way to turn off traction control. I dont even know if i have it but i think i might.

When i rag it pretty hard and loose what i would call traction a light pops up on the dash and flashes. Its a yellow triangle with a swerving car in the middle. Does this mean that with a few mods i can have a button to turn the traction control off? Becasue i really like the idea of being able to scare people by saying "right traction control off and lets gooooo"

lol lame i know but well i like the idea.

wellll that about it for my trouble so far. so if yhall could reply id be gratefull.

EHUDD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cv gater from auto factor about £12 ,,(stretch flexiboot)..then the cone to slide it over about £4..saves undoing the joint from the shaft..

yes you do have traction control on your zaf ,,no switch fitted as its meant to be a family vehicle,, yes you can fit a traction control switch.
    Drives a 53 plate Arden Blue Zafira A Gsi 2ltr turbo...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    and the rear door fault will most probably be the wires in the floppy rubber tube from the pillar to the door are broken
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    SAH- WEEEEEEEEET

I got all the stuff. Ima do the CV Gator with the cone next week.

I also bought a Rocker cover gasket. Is that a big job? The Rocker cover gasket leak is pretty visible. so it needs doing.

When there is a leak like this. Can it cause the air that comes in through the dash to smell slightly oily?

Also when i start the car there is a little bit of white smoke that comes out for about 15 seconds then goes away once the engine has rested at the tick over level. (as you know it goes down rev wise after a while when it starts to get warm.) should it be smoking a little like this or not? is it anything to worry about?

When the tick over is finally rested every now and again there will be a little splutter. say once every 20 - 30 seconds. And the revs will drop very slightly.

Once i have done the rocker cover gasket and changed the oil completely. Do you think that these problems will be sorted?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also with regard to the central locking. If the wires were broken would't it make the electric windows not work?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where did you get it from? If its a dealer then surely they would be responsible for the repairs? Welcome to the site mate
    Now drives a Vectra C 1.9 cdti SRi

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the rear door looms are far to tight on the zafiras the wiring is the first thing i would check as not all teh wires break at once , mine was teh window electrics that went first , as for using kseal iv used it on other cars in the past and it blocked the pipework on my lexus so i ended up having to replace the rad anyway , as for the splutter might be worth giving teh car a service if it hasnt been kept up