Thread: Astra h strange noise

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra h strange noise

I have a sound like metal rubing metal noise on the front end when i put it on lock any idears only when walm tho i think?have just replaced discs and pads and drop links so cant be them,i have been told poss drive shaft or wheel bearing any1 had this kind of noise before just that its not makeing the tail tail signs of either of these ie knocking or a huming noise?.dont know where to start looking but it dont sound good want to get it sorted asap as the noise its makeing must be doing more damage.
    astra h sri,zx6 b1h road bike

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does this sound like an outer cv joint gone?have checked the wheel bearing and no play there what else could it be?is there any way of checking if the cv has gone?it has started to make a squealing noise not all the time but quite often with a slight knocking noise over bumps when turning from time to time?
    astra h sri,zx6 b1h road bike

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem but i now cant drive it! i jacked up the front end both sides, turned each wheel and they both same bad. like grinding/scraping sound. even lock up wen i turn the wheel backwards! just before i jacked it up, as i drove onto the drive, it popped out of 1st gear and got a knocking/grinding noise! im maybe thinking it could be the thrust bearing??? :/
    Turbo_Shane