Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Banks...Argh!!

Well I thought I would have a rant

Filled in the online application for a loan on Sunday...Nice internet man said all was well. Approved

Called Monday to see when the money would be in the account. Nice man on the phone said I am glad you called, there is something wrong with the application. Turns out I put a space in the phone numbers and this causes an error.

So he gave me a ref no and said go into the branch if you need the money soonest and sign the docs and they will release the money same day. All smooth sailing to this point...

So in we go (joint application with the wife)..9am in the bank. Here is the ref, can you please print the forms so that we can sign, no problems, sign here.

Can I please have some ID......Luckily I had my driving license..The Baby son had already stolen and hid the better halves so she had to say ...NO..

Its ok she thought, I bank with this particular establishment you can ID me with Chip and PIN / Maiden name / Account details whatever ! Sorry this is not enough. Much changrin and holding up the line resulted in her going home to get her passport.

Phase 2. Passport is in her maiden name..we got married this year. No problems, the bank has the marriage certificate on file from when we changed her name with the bank...BUT NO !! although they keep a copy, its in a dark secret room that no one has access to. So you will need to go and get this too....This is kept is a strong box in another bank...in another county ! So not ideal...whats the alternative...

Bloke said forms were sent to your home address, all you have to do is sign them and send copies of the ID...

What !! I have never had this issue with a loan from the bank before, I normally do it online and then "poof" the money appears. So I am not happy at this point.

Called the bank. He said simply, "sign the forms and send them back" no ID required.....

What a complete waste of a morning ! The the issue of rude man in branch making the wife very upset that I am going to have to deal with when I get home !

I know, before the replies start that its all about security...but she had enough bank required information to take out every single penny in our bank account / close it / take out a loan on her own !!! But because it was a joint application they needed this different ID...and then to do it via the postal service, they require no ID at all....

Rant over !

If you managed to get to the bottom...thanks for your patience !

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a complete pain in the b*m for you and your missus and all because of a space in a phone number! Glad it's all sorted for you now

Paula x
    Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition "Flaw Filler" TV Mag Feature Car, June 2010.
    EDS 315ps Stage 3 + Regal inlet Cam.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Paula...I just have the "wrath of wife" to face when I get home from work !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit_100 View Post
    Thanks Paula...I just have the "wrath of wife" to face when I get home from work !
    uh oh...I would go in armed mate!
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...