Thread: Mk4 Gsi Replica Front Bumper

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mk4 Gsi Replica Front Bumper

Has anyone ever bought a replica gsi front bumper from ebay?
    If so how much it cost and was it worth it lol?

One i'm looking at -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_1464wt_894

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have found that replica bumpers don't fit too well. but a few other people on here have them and say they were good. Sometimes the bumper grille plastics don't fit too good.

Also it's fibreglass. and as the gsi bumper isn't the smallest in the world. If you were to nudge it, and it was genuine oem then you would end up with a scuff, with this it will break. It would obviously not be as flexible as the GRP bumper (think that is what oem is made of)

Depends how good a driver you are and how close to speedbumps/kerbs you can get without clipping them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No when you get a rep bumper you have to spend time taking the top edge off so it fits nicely, if you do a bad/quick job on this then yeah it will fit badly.

Ive got a massive scuff on the bottom of mine as ive bottomed out a few times and its still fine (NO CRACKS AND ITS NOT BROKEN) its just a scuff.

The genuine grills can be made to fit in but you obviously cant use screws so you use fiberglass + filler etc. Ill admit theres not an amazing fit on mine but you dont notice unless your close up.

Also you have to use cable ties and various other fittings but its no more differcult to take on and off then a standard bumper.

Best point of all is i wont be totally gutted if it got nicked like some people on here

Check my diary for pics

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea so if the jobs done right, their should be no problems. Also they sell the genuine grills on ebay so i can get the lot.

grill: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1135

Only thing that makes me wary is stone chip's. The crapy front bumper i have on the now is full of stone chips (loads of white dots ), is this due to the fibre glass or the paint job? Dont really want to go down the road of getting this replica then having to get it resprayed 4months down the line.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont get the grills off ebay, get them from LMF as there cheaper surprisingly. Think you have to ring them up

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do LMF sell genuine parts only ? They sell the bumper/grills/fog lights for £400. The bumper genuine do you think

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Front-B...tra-G-GSi.html

Cheers for your help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    got one fitted to my car and the fit is fine.i got mine from a bloke on ebay that had it all fitted and then could not afford for it painting thats the best thing to do get one thats been fitted save you the time messing about.as for the grills i was not that botherd about them so i put mesh in sparyed them black and put some fog lights in them and it looks nice.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah they will sell the grills seperately but you need to ring them up. I said how much were the fogs and he was like "about £80 each, do you want me to look up an exact price" so I just said no haha

Post up a pic robi

Edit: If you dont have fogs already and want a OEM install then you need to get a wring harness and new switch etc

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

does not show how nice it fits found the side thouth,and i have got the standerd one back on as it geting resparyed wasunt happy with the colour match lol.looks beta than it does on the pic.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also the lights i have in there are stobe lights geting some round fog lights for it so will look beta then.lmf do gm parts,only no as i orderd a back gsi bumper tow eye cover from them.be prepared to pay thouth lol.tow eye cover cost me 65 pound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast