Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible breakthrough...injector??

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter

Possible breakthrough...injector??

Just had someone on the phone who said his mate has a TD VW which showed the EXACT same symptoms as mine was with the EML problem.

His was the injectors, so popped out, took the cover off and found this:

We are thinking that isn't normal...oily stuff round the injector. Also seems that the previous owner has changed them at some stage as there are white dots on each of the plugs onto the injectors, and also the screw into the AFM is different, so that must have been changed at some stage as well.

Anyone know how much injectors are from Vauxhall? (cowers in the corner because I bet they aren't cheap)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think I've seen an almost identical image before showing leakage there. Isn't there some kind of injector seal that can be replaced rather than the complete injector?

What engine is it? I no longer have TIS 2000 but could try looking it up with EPC...

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Its a 1.7 CDTI in a mk4

EDIT: seems like there might be seals you can get...are the injectors under any sort of pressure or can they be changed DIY fashion?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the fuel rail is pressurised but wont be a problem once you have cracked off any one of the injector feed pipes ,you will also need to remove the cam cover cos they pass through both at the top and the rear of the cover and to access the pedestal bolt but they are easy enough to change .is that oil or derv arount the injector ,the rubber housing around the injectors are prone to leaking and letting engine oil pass through .dont quote me here but i seem to recall the last injector we bought via vauxhall cost around£180 +the dreaded .try euro parts they hold a lot of gm parts now but they are cheaper than main stealers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTE_LET View Post
    Its a 1.7 CDTI in a mk4

EDIT: seems like there might be seals you can get...are the injectors under any sort of pressure or can they be changed DIY fashion?
    If yours is a Y17DT engine my old copy of EPC shows an injector seal part # 97189195. IIRC I think that's what fixed the other fella's leaky injector. I googled part number 97189195 and saw this on a German site, another on a Polish site, pretty sure I've seen them on UK sites but the part number may have been superceded

http://www.toolsforless.de/OPEL-DICH...7189195-821206

As tctech says diesel leak-off tubes do start leaking when they get old. They were cheap and easy to replace on my old X17DTL.

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Awesome, thanks guys

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just for clarification i didnt mean leakoff pipe (but thats a good point nevertheless)i was referring to the black housing surrounding the injector that is bolted to the cam cover with the 2 bolts allowing oil to pass out from the cam cover ,wont cause your running fault but will save a lot of heartache by not being fooled into changing the wrong injector

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Oh right - I see it in the EPC diagram. Looks like a couple of washers there 97206310, says "seal ring, injector nozzle to cylinder head". Could leak oil from there is that right?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its the injector seal about 40 p each or something silly like that, unfortunately if you break the injector they are £XXX `s and need to be programmed to thier position so be very carefull when you remove it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This car is really starting to confuse me i am sure Mel has explained the problem before but here goes.

Basically the car seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes it will be fine, drive fine and no EML light. Other times it will drive fine but the EML light will be on.

Then of course sometimes the EML light will be off but the car will be in limp mode, or the light will be on and it will be in limp mode.

Now there has got to be somthing causing the fault but at the moment we dont know what, you can see in the pic above the 4th injector is wet around the top but i dont know if this is oil or diesel.

Now my question is IF the injector was leaking diesel would this cause the running problems explained above. and would it be the reason as to why the EML light is sometimes on and sometimes not.

Cheers for any help

G
    Has a lifelong obsession with the Mk2 Astra!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast