Thread: SRI CDTI Tuning advice

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SRI CDTI Tuning advice

I have my eye on a new Astra SRI 1.9 CDTI XP, I have a plan on what i want to do with the car but i want some advice on what works best and anything thats is/not worth doing.

My plan so far is

Engine:
    EDS IPF Switchable remap.
    Derestricted airbox with k&n filter.
    Scorpion pre cat pipe.
    Mongoose full decated exhaust system (might swap decat for sports cat).
    Cancel the egr with opcom (if i can ?).
    Samco boost and water hoses.

Handling & Braking:
    Jamax 20mm or 30mm lowering shocks and springs.
    Whiteline RARB.
    Astra VXR front calipers with drilled and groved disc EBC red stuff pads.
    Baided brake hoses.

Whats the LMF camber adjustment stuff like its only a couple of £ so it might be worth giving it ago ?

Thats everything ive got planned so far on the tuning side of things as for styling im fitting Vectra VXR alloys but im undecided on the size and a ebay special grill with the top strip colour coded.
    Astra G Van 3.2L V6 & Pulsar GTI-R Mk4v6conversion info. http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...35&postcount=1

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like you don't need advice dude looks like you got every thing covered will cost you a few quid though. You should keep an eye on thorney motor sport as they are producing a fmic very Soon and developing a hybrid turbo too that looks like something I will be interested in bit will be a good few grand no doubt

Shaun

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I really cant see the point in a fmic as they are ment to be the same item as the vxr and the vxr boy say they are good enough for 300bhp, Diesel burns alot cooler than petrol so the inlet temps are never going to be high enough to benifit from one.
    Astra G Van 3.2L V6 & Pulsar GTI-R Mk4v6conversion info. http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...35&postcount=1

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Speak to thorney they seem to think different and I doubt they use vxr ic on the diesel model but I'm no expert

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been looking Into this and fmic will give massive gains as from what i can gather in vxr and dervish the ic is not front mounted

Ask any subaru driver

Shaun

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im a subaru driver myself, front mounts do offer a great amount of gain on scoobies but only once you start reaching 300+bhp, having said that a friend of mine is running 450bhp and has retained his TMIC. i guess its a bit of a touchy subject, some agree and some disagree, for the most part its all down to personal choice and budget but i cant see that there will be a massive amount to gain on a cdti with front mount UNLESS it is intended to have big power. i'd be interested to hear of the results of a hybrid turbo'd FMIC CDTI, as i feel this could be a turning point for the CDTI vs VXR war so to speak lol.
    Mick

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm following thorneys progress closely don't you worry also I'm an ex rice box racer too had subaru 300bhp and a mitsi evo tme 550 bhp sold up now though moving to bigger and better just want to annoy people passing them in the oil burner when I go to work
    Puff of soot and bang the dervish is gone

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mick n em View Post
    im a subaru driver myself, front mounts do offer a great amount of gain on scoobies but only once you start reaching 300+bhp, having said that a friend of mine is running 450bhp and has retained his TMIC. i guess its a bit of a touchy subject, some agree and some disagree, for the most part its all down to personal choice and budget but i cant see that there will be a massive amount to gain on a cdti with front mount UNLESS it is intended to have big power. i'd be interested to hear of the results of a hybrid turbo'd FMIC CDTI, as i feel this could be a turning point for the CDTI vs VXR war so to speak lol.
    Mick
    I own a 1.7 cdti corsa
    I felt a bit of a difference with an fmic, and then a huge difference when i later fitted a hybrid turbo. It still needs mapping though

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    I own a 1.7 cdti corsa
    I felt a bit of a difference with an fmic, and then a huge difference when i later fitted a hybrid turbo. It still needs mapping though
    Where did you get your turbo and fmic from ?

Shaun
    Puff of soot and bang the dervish is gone

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you get the EDS IPF remap you have the option to switch off the EGR, so don't need to use OPCOM.

Leave the air box alone. Just add a sports panel-filter. A lot of money will have been spent getting the optimum airflow through the box, removing the internal pipes will screw up the flow dynamics. I have seen a thread on another site with results showing it actually reduced the BHP.
    If you want something special get a K&N Apollo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast