Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

interior swap over ???

Hey peeps can i get some advice

i got an sri interior woohoo cant wait to get the old couches out my car lol, the front two seats seems easy enough to swap but when i got to the rear back supports ,the middle seat belt/support bracket torx screw rounded on me so i eventually just cut it off as mole grip etc etc werent doing it!.

the question is, is it possible to leave all the brackets in my car and just swap the supports over?.
    because i dont really fancy rounding off the torx in my car its strange i think its the T50 too small and T55 seems too big yet the rest of the torxs are T45 .

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah you should be able to mate althought its easier to swap the brackets over out of the car i think it is possible

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i know its probably easier ,but just very weary of this bloody torx screw ,what a stupid bolt to have as a torx ! lol.

thanks m8.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also will i have to disconnect battery while i swap front seats over?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes for the pretensioners on the seat belts be very carefull with the bolts on the front seats they are not easy to remove and round off very easily and trust me you dont want to drill one out i did and it took me about 4 hours to drill and tap you need a t40 torx and chamfer the tip down a little till it fits snug

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crimbo14 View Post
    yes for the pretensioners on the seat belts be very carefull with the bolts on the front seats they are not easy to remove and round off very easily and trust me you dont want to drill one out i did and it took me about 4 hours to drill and tap you need a t40 torx and chamfer the tip down a little till it fits snug
    they came off easy enough thank god lol

i disconnected battery while taking out front seats yet the airbag lights on ,FUDGE!