Thread: Astra H Performance Improvements

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Astra H Performance Improvements

Alright people, I'm a complete newb to the forum so please bare with me...

I've got an Astra Sporthatch 2007, 1.6 model. I've done quite a bit of work to the exterior, black grill, uprated bulbs, replaced chrome tailgate trim with carbon fibre, tinted windows and chrome window sills.

Short of buying myself some nice wheels, I am pretty happy with the outside of the car, so I want to move on to whats under the bonnet. It's quite nippy for a 1.6 as it is, and picks up surprisingly quick in sport mode, but, being a bloke I wan't to make it faster.

Please can people give me some suggestions, or point me in the direction of some guides that can help me do this. I don't want to spend big money just yet, just the smaller things that make a big difference (if there are such things). Also, what is the potential of the 1.6 VVT 16V engine? What kind of improvements could I make to 'unleash the beast'!!

Appreciate any help or suggestions. Cheers
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi
    Sapphire Black, 17" SRi alloys, Black Grill, Carbon Fibre Boot Strip, Smoked Side Repeaters, HEKO Wind Deflectors, Tinted Windows, RS Green Callipers & Alpine IDA-X100.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    BUMP -
    Any ideas people?

Just got a high flow K&N filter, I know it will make very little difference, if at all, but it's an upgrade nevertheless. Any more ideas? What about the bigger intake pipes for sale on eBay, I believe they are off of the Vectra, but fit the Astra?
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi
    Sapphire Black, 17" SRi alloys, Black Grill, Carbon Fibre Boot Strip, Smoked Side Repeaters, HEKO Wind Deflectors, Tinted Windows, RS Green Callipers & Alpine IDA-X100.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The k&n airfilter will help out a wee bit. can also look at a bigger airscoope off a vectra or theres a member on here selling very big intakes for about £50

a nice exhaust will help the engine breath better and should see afew extra bhp along with a nice sound.

Thats about it unless you want to start looking at spending big money on cams and remaps etc mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Follow Entropy On Twitter
    Just checked my apps list for the Astra H 1.6L petrol, I can say that an additional 8 BHP is achievable through a remap. with about 15nm Torque as well.
    What the Frell is Frak?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got the K&N on the way and just bought a big veccy c intake pipe.

Where's a reasonably cheap place to get a remap done? Can anybody on the forum do these?

Any other ideas.
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I may have just had a brainwave, but don't get too excited lol...

Am i right in saying that bluefin chips can be applied 3 times from one unit? After which it has to go back and be reset?

Does this not mean that 3 of us could buy a bluefin between us and then use it? Therefore 3 remaps costing £100 or so each?
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi