Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Refuelling 'power-on' button....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Refuelling 'power-on' button....

I'm currently working on a little project for a 'push and forget' switch to allow my Car PC to remain on whilst refuelling and revert back to ignition control after a specified time period, say 10 minutes. This will allow me to push the switch prior to ignition off on the forecourt and, most importantly means, I won't have to remember to do any switching when leaving the car after the journey - thus preventing flat battery.

I have most of it sorted now but really need a slick looking dash mounted button for activation. I was thinking a momentary push switch with a timer delay output to feed illumination (thus showing that the circuit is live).

Question - would a petrol flap relaease switch such as a Saab 95 fuel cap relaease switch be a momentary push switch and likely to have illumination?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome. This is going to be on my dash so it needs to be subtle and aesthetically pleasing...........

Thanks all,
    Dave
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    jiberson, thanks for the links. I initially looked at the black version of the first link - which isn't too bad. The second link would make it look very aftermarket and forgive me from saying 'low-end' (that's no reflection on yourself, I'm grateful for as much input as possible and your input is greatly appreciated )

However, I'm keen to keep it OEM as possible and subtle so have started looking at alternative car switches, hence the refuelling cap release - it has the benefit of an OEM finish and looks like it supposed to be there.....
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    That saab switch should be momentary. How about a TC switch in the centre console?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    That saab switch should be momentary. How about a TC switch in the centre console?
    I like your thinking! (and I just bought a new blank for there - I should have got one ready for a TC switch, Doh!)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Is the Vectra B TC switch the same size as the Astra G? As there isn't many Astra G TC switches on eBay.....

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Nope .
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Nope .
    I guess a trip to the scrappies is my best option then.....

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought id just chuck a few ideas in and i think its a good idea to keep it looking OEM will look alot smoother. Good luck getting it all wired in looks like it aint the easiest of jobs.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiberson View Post
    I thought id just chuck a few ideas in and i think its a good idea to keep it looking OEM will look alot smoother.
    Your ideas were appreciated, in fact options I had considered prior to posting. Thanks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast