Thread: Low Rev Judder

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Low Rev Judder

Just changed the rocker cover gasket on my 1.4 16v 1998 mk4 Astra and started the engine up to find the engine was a bit juddery and the engine management light comes on after about 5 seconds of going off from the intial on.

Intially thought we'd forgot to hook up a hose or put the wrong hose on but I've checked all the hoses and they are different sizes so can't get that wrong.

The engine doesn't seem to be misfiring or anything but I took it for a small spin down the road and it hated even getting to 20. When I rev it high the judder disappears but it doesn't have any power still.

Any help or suggestions would be fantastic Or any other info/tests I'll rush out and break my car some more

Thanks in advance

Alarr

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just read fault codes with paperclip test as 6120 and 2001 if that helps. Couldn't find what 6120 was though and 2001 is audio tape deck not responding so i doubt thats the problem :/

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unsure of the codes myself but codes are stored in the ecu until cleared. May pay to have them cleared and start afresh.
    Is the vacuum pipe connected? All multi-plugs connected etc, may have just disturbed 1, not necessarily to do with what you've just done?!
    "Its easier to get forgiveness than permission!"

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorted it now Was a broken hose at the back of the engine. No idea which one but it was running a vaccum i think. After sorting that out and having the engine keep cutting out, disconnecting the battery, having it idle at about 4000 and then cleaning all the sensors it nows seems to be running fine