Thread: help please MSN

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help please MSN

eveining my little girl has opened a msn account which shes not allowed (age and ierdos about) does any one know how you delete them permantly??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Msn accounts and hotmail accounts are designed in a way to prevent hacking and deletion by anyone other than the creator of the account. You can obtain the password from your daughter and change it making it inaccessible to her or I believe there is a windows setting that prevents MSN being used, however if you use it yourself then thats no good. If you want a secret way to obtain the password you could use a keylogger which records everything typed and is invisible to the user. However without her permission going onto her account is considered "hacking" so to prevent being moaned at for approving hacking I am not suggesting it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be fair mate, i cant see a problem with MSN.
    at the end of the day the only people she can talk to are people she adds, namely friends and acquaintances.
    if it was a chatroom it might be another matter

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its not a debate as to whether or not a kid should or shouldn't have access to MSN, Bebo, facebook etc. It's a parents decision as to whether or not it's allowed, so respect the guys decision

Change the password and then uninstall MSN or windows live whatever it calls itself today.

We let our eldest daughter have access to these type of things however we have the passwords and frequently check who is friends and content, it's one of the conditions we laid down for allowing it.
    25 Year old Gte restoration................Started!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil-mcc View Post
    Its not a debate as to whether or not a kid should or shouldn't have access to MSN, Bebo, facebook etc. It's a parents decision as to whether or not it's allowed, so respect the guys decision

Change the password and then uninstall MSN or windows live whatever it calls itself today.

We let our eldest daughter have access to these type of things however we have the passwords and frequently check who is friends and content, it's one of the conditions we laid down for allowing it.
    what he wants to do is up to him, i'm just insuring that the OP isnt confusing an instant messaging program with an open to the public online chatroom.

i cant seem to find any way of deleting them, all you could do is change the password to some ridiculous combination of letters and numbers that no one will ever remember/get right (after all im pretty sure you want be needing to access it afterwards)

the problem arises in that MSN/hotmail etc accounts are quick, free and easy to set up. kids will always find away round stuff like this, particularly if they perceive it as being unfair.
    windows 7 has a lot of parental control features if you have that, not sure what degree you can censor the internet/computer with them, but they're there.