Thread: whats in your piece box?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

whats in your piece box?

ok, after reading pete's what to have for lunch, got me wondering..my other half, now he's not a wee bloke 6ft3 and gravity is now getting the better of his stomach lol...what do you all have in packed lunch, if you have one?

eg other half has 2 litres of juice, 4 sandwiches/rolls, yogurt, 6 plain biscuits, 2 choccy biscuits, pkt crisps, piece of fruit and sometimes a cake or cereal bar....yip i know it would be cheaper to keep his pic
    and then comes home to meal at night but as he's getting concious of his weight as cant shift it as well as he used to lol, he decided to cut it down id to take out 1 choccy biscuit, cereal bar and 1 roll/sandwich lol
    its just really to prove the point that he's a hungry sod, ok he has a pretty manual job and burns a lot of energy but its definately worms he has
    in the words of colin mcrae..
    'if in doubt, flat out' ...my hero
    has a plan..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a sandwich, bag of crisps, chocolate bar, yoghurt, and 3 pieces of fruit (usually an apple, banana and grapes! Yummy!
    Arden Blue VXR+ O(obsessive)C(cleaning)D(disorder) = SHINY SHINY!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    usually take pasta. roughly 250g worth of pasta, with chopped peppers/mushrooms/tomatoes or whatever is in the fridge. if i have a sandwich it'll be 4 slices of bread, usually with tuna, chicken, or turkey.

as for other bits, i may have a bag of crisps occasionally, but not often. lots of fruit, probably too much yoghurt (I can go through a Biopot in one sitting every day easy if I buy them), and then maybe something like nuts if I want something to pick at.

i try only to have chocolate if I've trained that day. ok so i train every day, but i mean if i've done something extra to negate it.

cut down the refined carbs in your OH's lunchbox. 4 rolls is excessive, and all the sugar is pointless as it'll give him an energy boost that will quickly die off. look for things that give slow release energy and he'll not need to eat so much, and his waist will become more of a friend and less of a passenger.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2 slices of bread to make 2 sandwiches, a bag of crisps and maybe a pepperami on some days or a chocolate bar and then a bottle of volvic
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Usually take 2 bags of crisps, 4 buttys and take a bottle of cordial to work with me each day.

Cordial usually lasts me a week, Just keep it in the fridge and fill a small bottle with it and keep it on my bench. Have a couple of buttys on my break.

Then come dinner usually go to the butty van and get a bacon and sausage barm.

Then by the time i get home have my tea (lunch if you're southern!)

For some reason i can eat like a horse but not put any weight on!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bag of 4" cookies, 1.5L bottle water, Packet of crisps, 4 sarnies
    Basically aload of crap
    Yes I'm trying the volvic challange.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    packet of those fridge raiders chicken things, 2 pieces with chicken/turkey/cooked ham and a bottle of water.

im out for 12 hour shifts and can be anywhere at break time so thats my food for the day. i make sure i have a decent breakfast before i leave the house and have my dinner just about as soon as i set foot over the door at night. i sometimes stop in at a garage and get a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate if im feeling hungry while im out but that rarely happens as im a tight git and dont like to spend the money!